MrsDebong's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Spring Trip to Miami

Hey y'all!

I am planning a trip to Florida in the up coming Spring. Please help me pick a location in Miami to book a stay. My budget is ~300 USD per night at max. Cheaper options are welcome. 

AR, USA
8 comments
Level 8

Re: Spring Trip to Miami

@MrsDebong

According to google maps

1.Weeki Wachee Springs

2.St. Augustine Beach KOA

3.Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center State Park

You can research on Google search all the best have a great trip stay happy 

(I'm not promoting anything here you have your own decision go where you want to)

Former Google Contributor

Hey @MrsDebong,

Welcome to Connect.

Unfortunately I cannot help you find a place to book a stay, but I can help you with some tips about Miami.

I found a great topic about Miami check it out here. It is a little bit on the old side, but you may be able to pick some good info from there. I will tag @SP31 who I think is a local and maybe can give us a hand with more tips?

I also think @NadyaPN visited Miami some time ago, maybe she can share some tips as well?

Thanks!

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators

Hey @MrsDebong,

I was in Miami 4 years ago, while I was still a student. I stayed at a hotel in Miami Beach which was extremely cheap. The good part was that it was super close to the beach and there were a lot of fast/casual food options around and a 7-Eleven 3 minutes away. There was also a pleasant small park right across the hotel. The rooms were okay, the facilities weren't great. If you're on a budget and not staying for more than 2-3 nights it's not a bad option.

One of the things I liked most while in Miami was the Miami Seaquarium. I'd definitely recommend it, if you haven't seen it already.

Thanks @GeorgesHR for tagging me. 🙂

See you around,

Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 5

Not sure what part of Miami you want to stay,  but for Miami Beach check out the Waterside Hotel -  "Retro-Chic" Apartment Hotel.

Google maps displays 179/night between 3/15 and 4/15. But it's always cheaper to go to hotel's site directly.

Book   early   if you can.  You can  always stay outside of the Miami area if you book late. 

If you really want to get some last-minute deals, I've used an app called Hotel Tonight. Hotels use their service to try to fill rooms that were canceled late.

Have fun.

Tom Guard
Digital Cartography
Connect Moderator

Hi there, @MrsDebong! I'm excited to hear that you'll be coming to Miami for Spring Break! You'll have a great time! I would recommend checking out this Google hotels tool to get a visual sense of the hotels in each area in Miami, their prices for the dates you'll be in town, and you can even track hotel prices! If that is your budget per night, you should be able to find a fairly decent hotel in Miami Beach (nearer to South Beach). If you want to be closer to the action of the beach life, this may be your best bet. There are a ton of brand-name and boutique hotels with a range of prices on the Beach. You could also consider some of the hotels that are a bit north of South Beach - you'll still be close to the water, but a bit away from the action.

If you would prefer to save a bit of money on hotels but want to be a close bus ride or Uber/Lyft ride away from the beach, you may want to consider Downtown Miami - you'll get amazing sights and you'll be able to enjoy that area of Miami (Museum Park, the Science Museum, Art Museum, events at the American Airlines Arena, Bayfront Park), and you'll only be a short drive away from the beach.

On the other hand, you could also consider a hotel in Coconut Grove, which is a prime area for visitors as well. The prices edge on the high side here, and you're further away from the beach, but you're also closer to other Miami attractions and areas of interest as well. Coral Gables also has a few hotels and is also a bit further.

To be closer to the action, I wouldn't recommend staying south of Coral Gables. You can also look into AirBnb's for extra options as well - there are a ton available!

In @GeorgesHR's response, he linked to a topic in which I included some information - a lot of it is still relevant! 🙂 Please let me know if you have any additional questions at all, @MrsDebong!

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall

Hey @SP31,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate your answer. Honestly, dedicated Local Guides like you, make me want to visit the city they represent.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Connect Moderator

@GeorgesHR wrote:

Hey @SP31,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate your answer. Honestly, dedicated Local Guides like you, make me want to visit the city they represent.

Best regards,

Georges

Thank you so much, @GeorgesHR 🙂 Love being a Local Guide!

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 7

Check out hotels tonight app on iphone or android. You can get some really good deals. Some of the hotels on there I have seen I would recommend are: the standard, ShoreClub, Mondrian. I love all 3 and they are within your budget.