JamiC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Shimul Bagan, Sunamganj

‘Shimul Bagan’ is situated Tahirpur, Sunamganj. "Shimul Bagan" is Bengali form of "Bombax Garden" . It appears like a field of Bombax that has been decorated by imaginary colors. This garden was built 14 years ago on 2400 decimals of land by a businessman named Joynal Abedin, because of his personal desire. In spring, it catches the eyes of the tourists when the flowers bloom together in over 2000 trees.

3334.jpg

You can see the trees covered in flower only February 15 to March 10

3333.jpg

How to go??? 
By Train : If you want to go by train, you have got to go Sylhet at first. The train leaves the Komolapur station of Dhaka at 9:30pm. Shovon Chair will cost  320 Tk. you must book the ticket by going for 2-1 days before casting. You can book the ticket from Online. You'll reach Sylhet at morning. Get on the Birotihin bus from the Kumarga bus stand in Sylhet to go to Sunamganj. Fare is 90 Taka.  It will take 1 to 2 hours.

By Bus: Shyamoli / Green line /Ena Paribahan  from Dhaka to Sunamganj fare taka 500-550.

After reaching Sunamganj, First you need to hire  motorbike with a biker. Theirs many of them r waiting. Talk to them to visit the Barek Tila River Bank, Generally, they charge 200 takas. It is possible to go Tk 150 or less! Two passengers can ride at the same time. In this way, They take 100 takas per person.

After crossing the ferry with Tk 5, Barek Tila, which goes on to the other side of the river, from which the beautiful Zadukata river can be seen.
There are some tea stalls left from Barek Tila. Ask anybody about Shimul Bagan, they will show you the path

Jami
Sylhet, Bangladesh
2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Shimul Bagan, Sunamganj

Hey @JamiC,

Thanks for sharing this! It's a great post, I really enjoyed reading it and I'm sure it will be very helpful for everyone travelling to this area.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Re: Shimul Bagan, Sunamganj

Thanks 🙂

Jami