Spencer_Pellant's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

San Diego Vacation

Hello All! 

I, along with my wife and her friend traveled to San Diego California for a little weekend vacation. 8/17/2018 - 8/20/2018

We had a blast. Below I will highlight the places we went and the things we did.

Friday

We arrived at 7:45 PM and checked in to our Airbnb which was located in Barrio Logan. Then we went to get grub:

We were told that the dingier the place looked the better the food. This held true when we went to Los Reyes and got some tacos which

we ate on the deck at our Airbnb. The temp was perfect. 

Barrio Logan, in southeast San Diego, is referred to as el ombligo or navel, the center of the world.

Saturday 

Our first stop of the day was Balboa Park. We always check out the city park when we go on vacation, but I have to say

Balboa may be the best city park I have ever visited. There is so much to do at Balboa, we strolled around taking pictures 

Everything we did was free. Balboa Park named for the Spanish maritime explorer Vasco Núñez de Balboa.

Balboa ParkBalboa ParkBotanical BuildingBotanical Building 

We got lunch at Oscar's which had good food, although I would say the Tacos at Los Reyes were actually better, and cheaper. 

After lunch we went to Ocean Beach. We found a parking spot in the neighborhood, and each got a BIRD scooter and rode to the beach. 

Maria walking on the beach.Maria walking on the beach.

We went to Petco Park to see the Padres take on the visiting Diamondbacks, and to see Eric Hosmer have a good day at the plate. Petco was

my 8th baseball stadium. And I have to say it is one of my favorites. The Padres won 7-6! Diamondbacks were in 1st place, Padres in last. 

Wearing my Eric Hosmer shirt.Wearing my Eric Hosmer shirt.Petco ParkPetco Park

Sunday

We decided to have a beach day, and we knew we wanted to go to Coronado Island, so we drove across the Coronado Island Bridge

and got breakfast at Cafe 1134 . We then walked along some of the shops and saw the Hotel Del Coronado.

Just beyond that lay the beach and just beyond that the Pacific Ocean. Coronado Island isn't actually and island. Hotel Del CoronadoHotel Del CoronadoLeft to Right: Oliva, Maria, SpencerLeft to Right: Oliva, Maria, Spencer

After the beach we went back to the BNB, and Olivia and I decided to go check out Thorn Brewing to get some

flights of Beer. We all drove up to La Jolla for dinner at Duke's

Maria and Olivia at Duke's.Maria and Olivia at Duke's.

After dinner we went to Sunset Cliffs National Park. Which was gorgeous, This was the best photo op we had all trip. 

Sunset Cliffs Natural Park is a 68-acre resource-based park stretching along the Pacific Ocean 

People watching the sunsetPeople watching the sunset

Monday 

I woke up bright and early to play disc golf at Morley Field Disc Golf CourseThis was the first time I ever had to pay a greens fee to disc golf. 

BasketBasketHole 9Hole 9

San Diego, CA, USA