IlankovanT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Roadside Parking Facilities -Sri Lanka (Galle Road)

Parking is the one of the biggest problems in the cities of Sri Lanka. Especially in Galle Road, Colombo. Irresponsible parking of vehicles is a severe menace and it causes severe traffic blocks in Colombo city. Considering the above issue, Colombo Municipal Council has established roadside parking facilities to park Motor bikes, light vehicles and some heavy vehicles with self operated machines to make payments.

IMG_20170108_140056.jpg

The charges for parking are (per hour)
Motor bike: LKR 10.00
Three Wheeler: LKR 20.00
Car/Van : LKR 30.00
Lorry: LKR 50.00

instructionsinstructions

Another special feature is this machine will not accept deteriorated currency notes and also this will not give you change / refunds

I feel this will be very useful for responsible drivers who stuggle with parking in Colombo city. Personally I would recommend to install this where parking facility is a nightmare near certain public places in Colombo and suburbs.

Sri Lanka
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Roadside Parking Facilities -Sri Lanka (Galle Road)

@IlankovanT Great news..

Very useful against Parking problem...

Level 8

i used this once 

imo this is a great one. hope they will introduce this system to all main cities in the island 🙂

but i have seen several people struggling with using this machine. maybe they should have give a proper time to get used to 🙂

Level 7

This is a good initiative.. they must educate people.. may be tv adds rather than showing some stupid political promo....