AimeeM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Restaurants in Portland, Oregon

Hi all,

Looking for recommendations for the best restaurants to try in Portland, looking for amazing food and/or something different and unique. 

Thanks!

Portland, OR, United States
8 comments
Level 6

Re: Restaurants in Portland, Oregon

Hi @AimeeM

Tasty foods

Level 2

Hello Aimee,

Portland has some great food.  The scene is changing all the time but the staples are always here.  If you want something fun, try the food carts in Happy Valley.  The carts there are clean and the food is great.  The station has a beer garden/area located in the center around all the carts.  Most of the carts in Portland are popping up are in hip neighborhoods that are taking shape from the cleaning up of those areas first.  For example, the food carts near Foster and Harold are good. They just popped up.  The North Portland ones have been around and are always good.  The ones off of 82nd near Johnson Creek are crazy but getting in and out is a mess.  

So, food carts are a way to go.

My personal favorites are Portland City Grill downtown.  Overlooks Portland with a great night life scene.  The Departure is my favorite.  Food is awesome, the view is to die for. And I love the Heathman downtown.  Again, basically all upscale but very very good.  Highly recommend.

Level 3

Whenever I'm in Portland I try to hit the happy hour specials in the restaurants of the neighborhood I'm staying in.  If you're in a hotel, ask them...otherwise, just explore they neighborhood.

Level 2

I LOVE to eat in Portland! And there are so many choices, one of my favorites is Thai Bloom if you like Thai food.

Level 2

Also, if you like to have something interesting, you should try Wong's King. They have traditional Chinese food, but they also have dim sung, which in my opinion is a little different. It's kind of crazy.

Level 7

This is a must-go destination whenever I have out-of-town guests. The food is amazing with Dirty macaroni and cheese my favorite. It's family style seating in an eclectic setting tucked under the Morrison Bridge on SE Belmont. Your bloody Mary will have spam on the top and your leftovers are wrapped with style too pretty to unrap.

Montage http://www.montageportland.com/.

Have an amazing Spanish coffee here. They prepare it at your table lighting it on fire. Very romantic if its dark and maybe rainy out.

Hubers: http://www.hubers.com/

-Ellen

Level 6

This is crazy but i live in portland too! I was thinking about going up to forest park and taking photos for the guides if you want to come you're more than welcome too.

Jason Lycan
Level 7

Thanks Chris, I am in the midst of my busy season but look forward to your pictures!

@ChrisP wrote:

This is crazy but i live in portland too! I was thinking about going up to forest park and taking photos for the guides if you want to come you're more than welcome too.