HelloSamsonR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Recommend A Must Taste Food In Your City For Local Guides To Try When They Visit

Many of us travel far and wide and beyond and visit new cities and different countries often. I am a travel junkie and I visit different places and cities a lot. Before traveling to any new city, one of the very few first things that comes into my mind is the kind of food that particular city has to offer. I am always interested on if I will be able to eat the food or not. I am always interested about how the taste of their food would be. Would it be tasty, spicy and sumptuous. Am always interested about all these factors. Am sure most people too might ponder the same way I ponder about some of these factors regarding how to get the best food in a new and different city.  

Local Guides Knows Most Places and Things like no other so:

I want to Recommend a Must Try food when you visit Nigeria or any city in Nigeria.

When Visiting Nigeria, there are a must try food you must taste when you visit, not only are they a must try, they are special and national foods that wherever you go or what city in Nigeria you may be, this food are always everywhere and  even sold on the streets as well. Some are sold in popular places called Bukas & Joints. I will share you some good food recommendations from my city for you to try.

1. Pounded Yam: Pounded yam is a major Nigerian food that is eaten with any type of selected soup. It goes with any soup you eat it with. As usual it always tasty. It is called a solid food, and when looking for energy or more strength, many Nigerians love to eat this food. 

Pounded YamPounded Yam

2. Vegetable Soup: No doubt many of us are familiar with the word vegetable soup. In Nigeria a vegetable soup is prepared with a leaf called Pumpkin leaf.  In Nigeria Vegetable soups are not only tasty and mouth watering, they  have been known to give a lot of healthy benefits to the body. Vegetable soups can be eaten with a Pounded yam as attached in my picture below. When visiting Nigeria either  Lagos or Abuja one of the popular cities make sure you don't forget to have this course meal. Am sure you will thank me later.

IMG_20180205_143901.jpg

3. Nigerian Jollof : Nigerian Jollof commonly known as the party rice is the biggest and most popular food on the Nigerian state. This is a food you must try. It is tasty, spicy and sumptuous. Many restaurants offer this on their menu and it is also easily found in Bukas and Joints as well. Taste it and thank me later :).

Nigerian Jollof also known as party rice.Nigerian Jollof also known as party rice.

4. Ewa Agoyin: Is  One of the most tastiest and spiciest nigerain delicacy. You should try this food. You can find it mainly on the streets, Bukas, joints and some select restaurants like African restaurants. The taste is one to reckon with. It can be eaten with white rice , eaten with bread, eaten with yam and can also be eaten with fried or boiled plantain. What ever you know you eat beans with, then Ewa Agoyin can do the same. Ewa Agoyin with Fried PlantainEwa Agoyin with Fried Plantain

White Rice & Ewa AgoyinWhite Rice & Ewa Agoyin

I would make a list of where you can find these food in select restaurants, bukas & joints in different cities in  Nigeria on Google Maps. 

I have shared some food recommendations from my country & city what about yours ?. Would you like me to know what's the best food in your city or country ? Of course I would love and be willing to know,  counting on your Local Guide experience to share me the knowledge of the best food to taste when I visit your city. Tell why this particular food should be eaten, are there some healthy benefits as well eaten such food. Share your little experience with me and Everyone looking for recommendations. 

Lagos, Nigeria
187 comments
Level 10

Re: Recommend A Must Taste Food In Your City For Local Guides To Try When They Visit

When going into a new city, if food recommendations have been shared in here, it would help to see different varieties of food recommended by Local Guides.

Level 10

Re: Recommend A Must Taste Food In Your City For Local Guides To Try When They Visit

I have booked his place @HelloSamsonR. Thanks for the info.

Here comes Nepal

• Dal, Bhat, Tarkari (Lentil, Rice & Curry) दाल, भात र तरकारी

• Mo.Mo. मो.मो.

• Dheedo ढिडो

• Yomari योमरी

• Bara बारा

• Chatamari चटामरी

• Yellow Laping लाफिंग

• Hallucinating Honey मह

A lot of thanks to @Surendra for helping me to shortout some of the foods from a bulk.

Level 10

Wow @HelloSamsonR, the dishes you recommend look really tasty! Thanks for sharing your pictures. I will share some recommendations from my city very soon 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 9

Am on Diet brooo @HelloSamsonR :-)😁😀😁😀

I will share mine soon 😊😁🎉

Level 10

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

I have booked his place @HelloSamsonR. Thanks for the info.

Here comes Nepal

• Dal, Bhat, Tarkari (Lentil, Rice & Curry) दाल, भात र तरकारी

• Mo.Mo. मो.मो.

• Dheedo ढिडो

• Yomari योमरी

• Bara बारा

• Chatamari चटामरी

• Yellow Laping लाफिंग

• Hallucinating Honey मह

A lot of thanks to @Surendra for helping me to shortout some of the foods from a bulk.

Wow this is so superb @BishowvijayaP I took my time watching this. Am glad I really learnt alot and also have a great experience and overview of your food in Nepal :). Thanks to @Surendra as well. I think I found the best food I would love to eat in Nepal. It is Mo Mo :).

Level 10

@ValeriaA_ wrote:

Wow @HelloSamsonR, the dishes you recommend look really tasty! Thanks for sharing your pictures. I will share some recommendations from my city very soon 🙂

You are welcome @ValeriaA_ Surely I would love to see dishes from Argentina :).  I do always hear South America has loads of spicy & tasty dishes, won't mind tasting them virtually first before I visit. @FaridTDF  sure you have something as well to share with me .

Level 10

@OSAMA wrote:

Am on Diet brooo @HelloSamsonR :-)😁😀😁😀

I will share mine soon 😊😁🎉

Won't be expecting less from our Food Master founder of Food Lovers Club :P. Looking forward to a well prepared and detailed dishes from Jordan :).

Level 10

Hi Mr @suren I hope this may serve you well during your next visit to Nigeria :).

Hi @AGarner @MariaBi @Atsukot @JeslynL  @ErmesT Have you ever seen or tasted a Nigerian food before ? You would definitely love this if you eventually try :).

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for sharing this, @HelloSamsonR. I have not seen much of Nigerian food, let alone taste it! I was hoping to find some Nigerian food joints in Singapore but there aren't many and one that looked really good is permanently closed. Sad. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.