Floribot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Public transportation in Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina

As a proud Local Guide, and lover, of the city of Mar del Plata I thought it could be useful for othrs to share some utility facts about public transportation. 

1. We use the SUBE card, the same that is used in many other big cities of the country, and it can be acquired in any la misma que se utiliza en varias ciudades del país y puede adquirirse en cualquier kiosk that has a sgn in the windows. The selling and recharging points can be seen in the oficial SUBE's website here.

2. The SUBE card can also be recharged by electronic ways using Mercado Pago's app (paying with debit or credit card) and using homebanking o atms from the Link network. Both ways require to acredit the charge by resting the card in an  Automátic Terminal.

3. To identify which bus you have to take according to the origin and destination of the trip you could use Moovit app. The only problem with this app is that the departures times aren't always right.

4. In order to know when will be arriving the next bus to a certain spot you could use the app developed by the municipality. This app shows in an inmediate way and in real time the arrival time of the bus using the GPS in the unit. You can access to the web app or download the Android app. Also you can check the routes and charging points. 

I hope the informaton is useful, greetings 🙂

Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina
5 comments
Level 7

Transporte publico Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Como Local Guide, y amante, de Mar del Plata me pareció de utilidad compartir algunos datos para utilizar el transporte público fácilmente.

1. Se utiliza la tarjeta SUBE, la misma que se utiliza en varias ciudades del país y puede adquirirse en cualquier kiosco que tenga el cartel en su vidriera. Los puntos de venta y recarga los pueden consultar en su pagina oficial acá.

2. La tarjeta sube se puede recargar de manera electrónica utilizando la app de  Mercado Pago (abonando con tarjeta de crédito o débito) y por homebanking o cajeros pertenecientes a la red Link. Ambos medios requieren que se acredité la carga apoyando la tarjeta en una Terminal Automática.

3. Para identificar que colectivos tomar y donde según el origen y destino del viaje se puede utilizar la aplicación Moovit . El único inconveniente de esta aplicación es que los horarios indicados suelen ser erróneos. 

4. Para conocer el tiempo de espera de una línea de colectivo a una parada determinada podemos utilizar la aplicación desarrollada por la municipalidad. Esta aplicación permite conocer de modo inmediato y en tiempo real el horario de llegada del transporte urbano de pasajeros a todas las paradas, mediante la incorporación de GPS a la totalidad de la flota. Se puede consultar desde la web acá o descargar la app para Android. Además se pueden consultar los recorridos y los puntos de carga. 

Espero que esta información les sea de utilidad, Saludos!

Former Google Contributor

Re: Transporte publico Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hey @Floribot,

That's very thoughtful of you. Thanks for sharing this information. I'm sure it will be helpful for Local Guides visiting your city. Just so you know, I've merged your Spanish version of the tips to the English post. This way others will have it all in one place.

Thank you!

- Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Tank you @NadyaPN! I wasn't sure how to present it.

Level 6

Re: Public transportation in Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Que genia, buenisima info

Level 6

Muy completa tu información, Felicitaciones!!, de Mar del plata También