sohampancholi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Places visited in Summer 2018

Hello Local Guides 🙂 How are you all? What you did in this summer vacation? I hope everybody is fine and doing good in this summer.

In my opinion, travel is really awesome and adventurous thing to do. It helps me to feel nature and helps to learn historical values.  In this summer, I've traveled four cities of Uttar Pradesh, India.

The first city I've visited is Lucknow. Here are Lucknow's famous places I've visited. The photos was captured by me and some of the information was written by me and some of the information was taken from Wikipedia. 

Before I share my experience, I want to tell that Lucknow is really really awesome place for tourists and it having a lot of historical archaeological sites to visit.

1. Bara Imambara:

A Imambara complex in Lucknow City which was built by Asaf-ud-Daula, Nawab of Awadh, in 1784. It is also called the Asafi Imambara. Bara means big, and imambara is a sacred hall built for the purpose of Azadari. The Bara Imambara is among the grandest buildings of Lucknow. 

The building also includes the large Asfi mosque, the bhul-bhulaiya (the labyrinth), and bowli, a step well with running water. Two imposing gateways lead to the main hall. It is said that there are 1024 ways to reach the terrace but only one to come back. It is an accidental architecture.

IMG_3240.JPG

IMG_3252.JPG

IMG_3258.JPG

IMG_3281.JPG

IMG_3290.JPG

IMG_3310.JPG

IMG_3323.JPG

IMG_3330.JPG

IMG_3343.JPG

IMG_3349.JPG

IMG_3373.JPG

IMG_3237.JPG

2. Chota Imambara:

Chota Imambara is also known as Imambara Hussainabad Mubarak which is an imposing monument located in Lucknow. It was built as an Imambara or a congregation hall for Shia Muslims in 1838. 

IMG_3435.JPG

IMG_3440.JPG

IMG_3443.JPG

IMG_3444.JPG

IMG_3450.JPG

IMG_3470.JPG

3. Rumi Darwaza:

The Rumi Darwaza which is known as the Turkish Gate in Lucknow is an imposing gateway which was built in 1784. It is an example of Awadhi architecture. The Rumi Darwaza, which stands sixty feet tall, was modeled (1784) after the Sublime Porte in Istanbul.

IMG_3498.JPG

IMG_3501.JPG

4. The Residency:

The Residency, also called as the British Residency and Residency Complex, is a group of several buildings in a common precinct in Lucknow. It served as the residence for the British Resident General who was a representative in the court of the Nawab. The Residency is located in the heart of the city, in the vicinity of other monuments like Shaheed Smarak, Tehri Kothi and High Court Building.

IMG_4531.JPG

IMG_4397.JPG

IMG_4405.JPG

IMG_4441.JPG

IMG_4458.JPG

IMG_4471.JPG

IMG_4482.JPG

IMG_4483.JPG

IMG_4508.JPG

IMG_4530.JPG

5. Ambedkar Memorial Park:

Ambedkar Memorial Park is a public park and memorial in Lucknow. There are a lot of sculptures and statues of Elephant here. Wherever you see, you'll find elephants here. Only the main entrance to the memorial guarded by statues of 62 elephants either side!!

IMG_4884.JPG

IMG_4930.JPG

IMG_4935.JPG

IMG_4707.JPG

IMG_4778.JPG

IMG_4813.JPG

IMG_4822.JPG

IMG_4832.JPG

IMG_4835.JPG

IMG_4847.JPG

IMG_4873.JPG

6. Janeshwar Mishra Park:

Janeshwar Mishra Park is an urban park Lucknow. It was made in memory of late politician Janeshwar Mishra. It is claimed to be Asia's 10th largest garden.

IMG_4558.JPG

IMG_4581.JPG

IMG_4595.JPG

IMG_4603.JPG

IMG_4609.JPG

IMG_4611.JPG

IMG_4640.JPG

IMG_4547.JPG

IMG_4552.JPG

Kindly share your Summer 2018 Travel Experience with other local guides so we all get to know about different places.

Keep Mapping.........Keep Updating.........All the best.......!!

India
15 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Places visited in Summer 2018

Hi @sohampancholi,

Thanks for sharing. Really interesting indeed. If you have used any external sources of information, can you please give credit to the original author and share the source.

Thanks!

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Former Google Contributor

Hey @sohampancholi,

That's a great post! I'm loving it. I'm sharing two of my photos of a trip to Vienna I did in May. I went to a Sam Smith concert and had a few days to spend in the city. 🙂

St. Francis of Assisi ChurchSt. Francis of Assisi ChurchZanoni & Zanoni ice creamZanoni & Zanoni ice cream

Vienna is one of my favorite places in Europe and although May is not exactly summer, the temperatures were definitely summery - 20-25C.

I'm looking forward to some other sunny 2018 posts. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Hey @GeorgesHR 🙂 Thank you so much. I must give credit to the original author as I am using some of their information. Meanwhile I've put the link of the information as hyperlink in name of the places. Once more I am very thankful of Wikipedia for providing such a great platform to get information. 🙂

Thanks.

Level 7

Hi @NadyaPN Thank you for loving the post. The St. Francis of Assisi Church seems so beautiful. Especially the architect and colour of it. The church seems very historical and valuable in the sense of history. I wish I could visit the place 🙂 and the ice cream......"It is sooooooo yummmy...." ice creams are my weakness hehe I am very foodie 😛 🙂

Level 7

I have visited Sikkim and Gangtok last month. Sikkim is real paradise on earth places like Gurudongmar lake and Lachen are just treat to visit.

Gurudongmar LakeGurudongmar Lake

Blog - http://www.instatravelstyle.com
Instagram - www.instagram.com/digitalsumit
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/InstaTravelStyle
Twitter - www.twitter.com/digitalsumit
Pinterest - www.pinterest.com/Digitalsumit
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/instatravelstyle
Level 7

@SumitS29 wowww really awesome place and scene 🙂 I always want to go and visit places of Sikkim because I've heard that one can feel like heaven in the mountains of Sikkim 🙂 I wish to come there and spend time in the lap of mountains 

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful place 🙂

Level 7

That's awesome!

I am creating a video blog on my visit as well. Hope you like it 🙂 

Thanks,

Blog - http://www.instatravelstyle.com
Instagram - www.instagram.com/digitalsumit
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/InstaTravelStyle
Twitter - www.twitter.com/digitalsumit
Pinterest - www.pinterest.com/Digitalsumit
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/instatravelstyle
Level 7

Sure 🙂 please share it with me

Connect Moderator

We have visited Italy 🇮🇹 and of course the the capital Roma.ColosseumColosseum

Fontana di TreviFontana di Trevi

Like every year it was outstanding and fantastic. No food and wine pictures as this disappeared to quick... 😎😉☀️

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r