NirajBhusal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Photo Walk : Lumbini, Nepal- Birth Place of Buddha

Hello Local Guides !

Recently I was travelling to some places of Nepal and Lumbini was one of them. I had visited Lumbini before also but this time my aim was different. I went to Lumbini again to collect photos of popular things around Lumbini including some 360 photos. I went to Lumbini on February 19, 2018 in the morning with friends from my office. We visited some famous places including Mayadevi Temple, Ashoka Pillar, Pushkarini Pond,  Eternal Fame, etc. 

I had brought a DSLR Camera and a 360 camera with me so while entering to the Maya Devi Temple Premises I had to pay fee for my camera only not me since  entrance is free for Nepalese. I collected some photos with my Canon 80D and LG360 Camera. I have posted them below, hope you will like them. 

Selfie in front of Maya Devi TempleSelfie in front of Maya Devi Temple

About Lumbini :

Located 22km west of Siddharthanagar (Bhairawa), Lumbini is a unique religious site with much to say, whether intentionally or not, making for a very thought-provoking visit. It was here, around the year 563 BC, that one of history’s most revered figures, Siddhartha Gautama – better known as the Buddha – was born. The actual location is marked by the poignant Maya Devi Temple, named after the Buddha's mother. Its origins date back over two millennia. 

About Maya Devi Temple:

Mayadevi Temple is one of the important sites in the Lumbini Garden with many historians and archaeologists referring to it as the place of birth of Lord Buddha. Inscriptions on the Ashoka Pillar also refers the spot as his birthplace. It is said that here the newly born Prince took his first seven steps and gave a peace message to humanity.

This happened in the beautiful Sal grove, which is now the focal point of the Lumbini Garden. Mayadevi, the Queen of Shakya King Suddhodhana of Kapilvastu, while passing through the Lumbini Garden, on the day of  Baishakha Purnima (full moon day of May in 623 BC) took a bath in the Pushkarini (the Sacred Pond) and soon after she took support of a tree branch, and gave birth to the Prince Siddhartha, who became the Buddha.  

About Buddha:

he Buddha who is the founder of the Buddhist religion is called Buddha Shakyamuni “Shakya” is the name of the royal family into which he was born, and “Muni” means “Able One.” Buddha Shakyamuni was born as a royal prince in 624 BC in a place called Lumbini, in what is now Nepal. His mother’s name was Queen Mayadevi and his father’s name was King Shuddhodana.

Full Photos and Videos Link :

Devices Used:

• Canon EOS 80D
    LG 360 CAM
  • One Plus 3t (Selfie and Video)

Photo:

• Niraj Bhusal (Self)

Ashoka PillarAshoka PillarMaya Devi TempleMaya Devi TempleMayadevi GardensMayadevi GardensMaya Devi Temple and Ashoka PillarMaya Devi Temple and Ashoka PillarEternal FameEternal Fame

Hope to get your feedback and Suggestions. 

Greetings from Nepal ,

Niraj Bhusal

Maya Devi Temple, Taulihawa Road, Lumbini Sanskritik, Nepal
22 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Photo Walk : Lumbini, Nepal- Birth Place of Buddha

Hi @NirajBhusal,

Well done! Great photos, extensive descriptions and such a powerful historical background! I liked it so much. It sound like you've enjoyed it a lot too.

Thanks for sharing!

- Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @NirajBhusal

It seems you have had a very successful photography event. I like the pictures and the informative post that you have shared with us. Thank you!

Cheers, 

Marin

Level 8

@NirajBhusal  Finally we get to see your thread wow BC a history lesson is here amazing, I’ve join your albums so I will definitely enjoy them soon so much adventure here from long before BC and place I’ve never herd of very interesting thanks sharing such a  extraordinary past bro  

Level 8

Level 8

Level 10

Thank you @NirajBhusal for sharing your recap of this amazing place. You've described it in so much detail it's great. Amazing photos as well, congratulations on your meet up!

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 8

Thank You @NadyaPN and @MarinSt for removing my post from spam. 

I like to travel and take photos beside my work. I bought DSLR Camera and 360 Camera after I joined Local Guides so that I can capture my travel memories and share it to Local Guides as well as upload them to Google Maps.

I am so happy that you liked mu ohotos, hope to get your feedback and suggestions always.

Thanks Again !!

Hi @NirajBhusal

I understand and share you passion to photography. I haven't thought of having 360 camera before joining Local Guides but now I'm considering it. Your photos are great, so please keep on posting and adding to Google Maps. 🙂

Cheers, 

Marin

Connect Moderator

Great recap @NirajBhusal! Thanks so much for sharing the birthplace of Buddha and your experience there. I know you have made both @ErmesT @FaridTDF @JeslynL very happy because they love culture, history, religions, and, of course, new travel ideas from your wonderful photos.

My one question - can you go inside the building? I am assuming no cameras are allowed inside.

If you have Local Guides reviews of Mayadevi Temple, Ashoka Pillar, Pushkarini Pond,  Eternal Fame, etc, you should add hyperlinks to each in your post so that we can read your reviews on Google Maps too.

Cheers,

Karen