NatalkaR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Once upon a time in fairy tale: blooming cherry blossoms in Uzhgorod (Ukraine)

6.jpg

Every year in Spring Ukrainian city Uzhgorod becomes a fabulous place. Do you know why? Because in the middle of the April (until May) it’s time for a blooming cherry blossoms. For two weeks this small city the in Zakarpattia region becomes the most popular place in Ukraine.

3.jpg15.jpg16.jpg

Many streets are pink. It’s real miracle. Distance from Kyiv (where I live) to Uzhgorod is 800 km. I take a train and come there. Just for one day. Awesome trip!

8.jpg10.jpg11.jpg

In Ukraine we have many cherry trees. They aren’t sakura (decorative Japanese cherry). Ukrainian cherry blossom is white. Our trees can live in cold Ukrainian climate (especially in Winter). There is amazing cherry blossom mix in Uzhgorod.

Cherry blossom mix (pink&white)Cherry blossom mix (pink&white)Cherry blossom mix (pink&white)Cherry blossom mix (pink&white)

Uzhgorod is very close to Hungary. Carpathian mountains are around this city. This is why Uzhgorod has a particularly mild climate throughout the year.

7.jpg12.jpg

A little bit of history. Decorative Japanese cherry was brought to Uzhhorod from Vienna (capital of Austria) in 1923. It was a present for Ukrainian people.

13.jpg14.jpg

Decorative Japanese cherry is everywhere in Uzhgorod. But many trees are in the center of the city.

9.jpg17.jpg

This is Uzhgorod’s castle. Amazing place! Real history in cherry blossoms.

1.jpg

Uzhgorod's castleUzhgorod's castle

If you will be in Uzhgorod, come there. A castle was built between the 13th and 18th centuries. I like this place very much.

19.jpg22.jpg23.jpg25.jpg27.jpg

@Jesi  @ValeriaAumasque @AkmalB @KlaudiyaG @Haseeb @Sagir  @LaxmiG @OSAMA @JustineOBrien

Video of amazing cherry blossom: Sakura in Ukraine

Kyiv, Украина
26 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Once upon a time in fairy tale: blooming cherry blossoms in Uzhgorod (Ukraine)

Oh my, Oh my! Amazing photos, @NatalkaR! I love cherry blossoms, they radiate such a fresh vibe it feels like the whole city is reborn. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Re: Once upon a time in fairy tale: blooming cherry blossoms in Uzhgorod (Ukraine)

@NadyaPN thanks! I love the spring. It's amazing time. Cherry blossom, apple blossom, apricot blossom, peach blossom... awesome! :-))) 

Level 9

Amazing!! Thank you so much, I love the pictures!

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
Level 7

Wow, @NatalkaR!

These are absolutely breathtaking photographs of cherry blossoms! It really makes me wish I could go visit there right now. :)))
Thank you for sharing!

Level 7

Wow! Beautiful pink flowers , love it.

Connect Moderator

Hi @NatalkaR

I love your photos, really.

So I think, once you have started my curiosity, that you want togive us some more information (being your post in Travel and Advice board) about where to go  and how to reach this beauty.

What about a Traveling Like a Local Post?

Ermes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @NatalkaR . This is awesome. Please keep sharing beautify pictures with us.

Level 10

Cherry blossoms  in Rivne

IMG_20180423_133853.jpg

IMG_20180423_133851.jpg

Level 10

@Anonymous @AB-Nigyal @Christine_T @MiaMaria thanks, guys, for your kind words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and welcome to Ukraine! :-))))))))