Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

No.1 Most popular place in your country? 👍

What is the most popular tourist place in your country?

I would like to know what is the most popular tourist destination in your country and I think it would be good to share it.

It would be good to have a brief description of that particular place and the most important landmarks of it, in order to know each other a bit better.

For start, let me introduce you:

- My country: (🇷🇸 Republic of Serbia 🇷🇸Tourist Organisation of Serbia

- Most popular place is: Belgrade - What to see in Serbias capital?

Most tourists, and that is 1.5 milion annually that come to Serbia visit Belgrade and some other parts of my country.

Most of the tourists come from former Yugoslavia states, then tourists from:

Turkey, Bulgaria, Germany, Greece, Romania, China, Russia, Italy, Poland, Izrael...

Belgrade has everything to offer:

1. Architecture: It is real European city with distinguish architecture: Main Pedestrian Street in Belgrade

Winston Churchill once declared, “the Balkans have too much history”, and Serbia’s complicated past is apparent at every turn.

sajt1.jpg-1350314132.jpg

Google Maps link - Kneza Mihaila Street

2. Cuisine:  Serbian gastronomy is a strong mix of oriental, central European and local Balkan cuisines, offering an overwhelming variety of

mealsSerbian Food & Drink guide Serbian food is mainly heavy, with plenty of calories. Meat, pastry and local vegetables dominate in Serbian cuisine.

food_2l.jpg

3. Religion: Worlds 2nd largest Christian Saint Sava temple is in Belgrade. Temple is the Balkans biggest (and the world's second biggest)

Orthodox church, a fact made entirely obvious when looking at the city skyline from a distance or standing under its dome. 

featured-st_sava_kirche.jpg

Google Maps link - Saint Sava Temple

4. Greenery: The Belgrade Zoo (Good Hope garden) is situated at the very centre of the city, in Kalemegdan Park.

Beo zoo was founded in 1936 and is one of the oldest zoos in Europe. It has rare white lion male cub

20140816_whitetiger3.jpg

Google Maps link - Belgrade Zoo

5. Cultural heritage: One of the greatest scientist in the world Nikola Tesla originates from Serbia. He was a Serbian-American inventor, electrical engineer,

mechanical engineer, physicist, and futurist who is best known for his contributions to the design of the modern alternating current (AC) electricity supply system.

42-55992923.jpg

You must visit  Nikola Tesla Museum in Belgrade - it has unike personal belongings and some of the work of scientist.

To begin with I'd invite to share their story: @Jagadeesh_Reddy@ErmesT@YK1001@BishowvijayaP@AlejandraMaria@LucioV

Share your story

38 comments
Level 10

Re: No.1 Most popular place in your country? 👍

Hi @Anonymous

I think the best and complete information about Serbia. 

I can read ,culture, history, tourist attractions, famous places, about food and wild life. 

Amazing post and awesome topic.

As I am living in Malaysia, so Malaysia is famous for greenery and beautiful beaches. 

Thanks for sharing 

Have a good day 

Level 10

@Anonymous thanks for open new interesting topic 

I live in Bangladesh and there No 1 popular place  Cox's Bazar , world Longest Sea beach 

a photo of world longest sea beach "cox's Bazar "IMG_20160311_173933.jpgIMG_20160311_115719.jpg

Mahabub Hasan
Connect Moderator

Thanks for this post @Anonymous

I love the post, and I love the spirit of it. Unfurtunately, all the time that I was in Belgrad, it had the possibility to see your beautiful city only from the highway, with a driver moving me from the airport down to Nis. I know that I missed a lot of beautiful things, traveling in this way.

Well, I am living in the North-East part of Italy (yes, not so far to you).

Today I want to share with you the pearl of my area, the worldwide famous Venice.

The green tile that you can see in here is fron the LGSummit2017

DSC05145.jpg

DSC05127.jpg

The photos are showing you the most famous part of the city, but there is also an hidden, beautiful part, that you can discover in this old post: Venezia, an unconventional view

Hope you like it

Ermes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much @AkmalB, as everything you describe that was my idea 😊😊. It would be nice if u could share some links so we can be more familiar with your country...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow @MahabubMunna this is amazing fact that I did not know before. It is truly spectacular place. Thanks for the pictures. IlI' definitely explore this place a bit more...

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's beautiful @ErmesT. I'm very familiar with Venice and is certainly on my travel list. 😁

What does green LG table represent?

About your visit to Belgrade I'm also sorry that you didn't have the chance to visit it. From highway u couldn't see much. Hope u will visit it again sometime, after all, we are neighbors 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious, how do you fill about this topic No.1 Most popular place in your country? 👍:

@sahinekspres, @Justine2807@ValeriaA_@HelloSamsonR@Vvincent@Csaba@AGarner 

Do u have your stories to share? 

Level 8

Thanks for tagging me but I never been luo of my state 😞 @Anonymous but I'll share what is best Tamil Nadu (Chennai)

I'm from Chennai which is the capital of the Tamil Nadu (State)

Chennai has airport which has international and domestic flight so any foreigners can visit here 🙂

1. Marina beach

Marina beach from light houseMarina beach from light house

This the second largest beach in the world 🙂

2. Arignar Anna Zoological Park   ( Vandaloor Zoo)Bengal tiger :)Bengal tiger 🙂

You can see almost all the animals and birds 🙂

3.Mahabalipuram

It’s known for its temples and monuments built by the Pallava dynasty in the 7th and 8th centuries1200px-4_scenes_at_Mahabalipuram_monuments_2.jpg

And few more places are there too 🙂

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This seems like a great place 😁@Jagadeesh_Reddy, it reminds me quite much of Egypt in Africa where there are plenty of sunshine and sandy beaches. We already learned from @MahabubMunna that Cox's Bazar is the longest beach 😊 and this one in your city is the second with 13km, it's really long.

Chennai has 7 million inhabitants, this is fascinating. Arignar Anna Zoological Park has 1.7 million visitors per year, and so many tourists come to my country in total annualy. As far as I can see, the Mahabalipuram is one of the seven miracles of India.

It seems to me that Chennai has so much to offer, I got desire to visit this place... 

😄