Neminath's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Never miss this Taj Mahal of Deccan : Bibi Ka Maqbara

Hi All,

Last week I visited "Bibi Ka Maqbara" - Taj Mahal of Deccan, so sharing some interesting information and few clicks.

"Bibi Ka Maqbara" is the sole illustration of the Mughal architecture in the Deccan Plateau was built in the model of Taj Mahal.

History

It was built by Azam Shah, son of Aurangzeb, in 1678 in memory of his mother, Dilras Banu Begum (posthumously known as Rabia-ud-Daurani). It bears a striking resemblance to the famous Taj Mahal, the mausoleum of his grandmother, Mumtaz Mahal.

Dilras was Aurangzeb's first wife and chief consort, as well as his favorite. She bore her husband five children. After giving birth to her fifth child, Muhammad Akbar, Dilras Banu Begum possibly suffered from puerperal fever, due to complications caused by the delivery and died a month after the birth of her son on 8 October 1657.

Construction

Bibi Ka Maqbara is believed to have been built between 1660 and 1661 C.E.  The cost of construction of the mausoleum was Rs. 6,68,203.7

The mausoleum was intended to rival the Taj Mahal, but the decline in architecture and proportions of the structure (both due to the severe budgetary constraints imposed by Aurangzeb) had resulted in a poor copy of the latter.

Google Map

Bibi Ka Maqbara is situated about 5 kms from the Aurangabad city.

How to Reach by Flight
The nearest airport is at Aurangabad, 11 kms. Aurangabad has a good national airport, which is well connected to major cities like Mumbai, Delhi & Hyderabad.

How to Reach by Rail
Aurangabad Railway station is nearest one to Bibi ka Maqbara, which is approximately 12 kms away.

How to reach by Road
You can take a public transport like city bus or alternative you can hire private car, there are plenty of tour operator you can avail service from.

Front viewFront viewFront viewFront viewFront viewFront viewFront viewFront viewFront viewFront viewMinarMinarMinarMinarMain BuildingMain BuildingInner viewInner viewInner viewInner viewInner ViewInner ViewInner viewInner viewMain EntranceMain EntranceSide viewSide viewSide viewSide viewSide viewSide viewBack sideBack sideBack sideBack sideBack SideBack Side

Bibi Ka Maqbara, Begumpura, Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India
11 comments
Level 8

Re: Never miss this Taj Mahal of Deccan : Bibi Ka Maqbara

Hi @Neminath,

That so interesting. Thanks for sharing your visited place. And am very interested in the historical places like this.

Regards,

Jafar pasha

Level 6

Even though based on the Taj Mahal, It's still a beautiful monument, thanks for sharing @Neminath

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Neminath,

That's an awesome post. Thanks for sharing this place with everyone. The temple is amazing and I'm sure your tips will be helpful to a lot of people.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@Jafarpasha,

You should visit Aurangabad, India where this place is located, you will find many such historical places in and around city.

Level 8

@James8Arthur indeed this is a great place to visit.

Level 8

nice pics

Thank You! -- Abdul Kalam
Level 8

@NadyaPN Thanks!!!

Just a small correction, this is not a temple but a Maqbara

Oooh! I'm sorry about that @Neminath. I didn't know that maqbara means mausoleum so thanks for letting me know!

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Oooh! I'm sorry about that @Neminath. I didn't know that maqbara means mausoleum so thanks for letting me know!