TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler

My experience visiting Antelope Canyon in Arizona

Caption: Photo of Lower Antelope CanyonCaption: Photo of Lower Antelope Canyon

Last week, I took a trip with one of my best friends to Nevada, Utah and Arizona to see some of the beautiful sights (and maybe a concert in Las Vegas!). One of the highlights was Antelope Canyon which are canyons formed by the flowing of water in a rock. What makes them so special is that they're very deep but rather narrow, with sunlight peeking in. In Arizona, the sun lights up the sandstone so incredibly, it looks like heavenly! From May-ish to November-ish, there are beautiful sun beams that make it even more beautiful but we decided to visit in February to avoid the heat and the sights were just as majestic.

In Antelope Canyon, there are two major attractions:

Upper Antelope Canyon

Lower Antelope Canyon

Access to the canyons are limited and require a Navajo tour guide, so trips are done through tour companies. For Upper, I went with Antelope Slot Canyon Tours by Chief Tsosie and for Lower, Ken's Tours.

I did a lot of reading on Google Maps and on various blogs and decided to visit Lower in the morning (9am) and Upper in the afternoon (3pm). Of the two, Lower Antelope Canyon was my favorite, but I'll let you decide for yourself based on the pictures:

Lower Antelope CanyonCaption: Looking at the sky from the bottom of the canyonCaption: Looking at the sky from the bottom of the canyon

Caption: Me standing at a bright spot in the canyonCaption: Me standing at a bright spot in the canyon

Caption: Rock that locals believe look like a Chief, can you spot the headdress?Caption: Rock that locals believe look like a Chief, can you spot the headdress?

Upper Antelope Canyon

Caption: Looking up at the red sandstoneCaption: Looking up at the red sandstoneCaption: Looking between the canyon slopesCaption: Looking between the canyon slopesCaption: Looking up in a narrow opening of the canyonCaption: Looking up in a narrow opening of the canyon

Lower Antelope Canyon was my favorite as the tour groups were much smaller, so it didn't feel like a tourist attraction. Plus, it didn't hurt that the lighting was more stunning first thing in the morning!

Now, any post by me isn't complete without a few jumping pictures, right? 

Caption: Jumping inside Lower Antelope CanyonCaption: Jumping inside Lower Antelope Canyon

Caption: Jumping inside Lower Antelope CanyonCaption: Jumping inside Lower Antelope Canyon

Caption: Jumping outside Upper Antelope CanyonCaption: Jumping outside Upper Antelope Canyon

I promise to share my reviews, detailed itinerary, recommendations and more about how Google Maps saved our trip during a bad weather spell soon. 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Antelope Canyon, Arizona, USA
65 comments
Level 8

Re: My experience visiting Antelope Canyon in Arizona

@TraciC

Ma'am you are looking so happy

Thanks for sharing this photos with us really very good shots 😊😊😊

Level 10

today i am really jealous @TraciC  to see your trip photos . next travel took me with you as like a helping hand . i carry your all bag and bagges 😛confused_traveler_by_avirambo.jpg

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

Wow, i have no words to tell after seeing these pictures. Is that pictures created with some graphical editings? 😂Those look like so. @TraciC

I hope you had a wonderful adventure there and thanks for sharing this amazing experience with us.

This is the first  time, I'm knowing about such a place like this, feeling very happy because I have learned something new today.

Thankyou again, and try to share those experience briefly.

❤️❤️

Regards,

JUSTIN ALEX

South India

Googler

Thank you, @JustinAlex. I didn't edit these photos actually but when I do edit images, it's usually a bit of re-touching on Snapseed so that it looks as vivid/bright as I saw it originally.

The tour guides in here recommend setting your Pixel to Cloudy or iPhones to warm vivid. 🙂

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

@MahabubMunna

😂😂😂😂😂😂 So funny 

Level 10

@ayann জি দাদা , ভ্রমন করা আমার নেশা । আর ভ্রমনের ছবি দেখলে মাথা ঠিক থাকে না 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 10

This post reminded me the film '127 hours'. @TraciC thanks for sharing the beautiful views of Canyon. Four days before I also tried to capture jumping photos but I found it difficult as every time I forget to bent the legs. 😀 

Level 10

Finally a great recap! 🙂 I saw it on Instagram, and enjoyed a lot these pictures. As I wrote, this is in my bucket list since I was born.

Thanks for sharing @TraciC

Level 8

That's cool to hear... @TraciC

I can't wait visiting that place. Also, now i have read the reviews in maps. Very good reviews and also seen yours.

At first, I was in a bit doubt, whether that photos were created using any graphics. But , after seeing those photos in the maps, I understood it's a Goo given lineage like place.

I will try to visit there...

Again a Great Thanks & many kudos for sharing....❤️❤️❤️