TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Bls: My experience visiting Antelope Canyon in Arizona

Kamu hebat @TraciC. Akhir minggu ku menyenangkan dengan membaca tulisanmu. Kamu benar2 seperti melompat dan terbang. Saya pikir kamu suka alam yang menantang. Thank's your share.

Salam

Level 7

Re: My experience visiting Antelope Canyon in Arizona

Love your photos. Thanks you for sharing.

Level 8

@TraciC I want go this place. really awesome! 

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Level 8

@TraciC Great Pictures & Great Place 👌

Connect Moderator

I loved watching the Antelope Canyon shots appear on your socials @TraciC

That is a truly inspiring place on this earth and I'm glad people are available to take you in there. Ken's Tours sounds remarkably like an Aussie ;).

Regards Paul

Level 6

@TraciCmam I have kept my mobile wallpaper of this picture initially but I didn't know it was Canyon. Feeling good to see you have captured it.

Level 10

回應: My experience visiting Antelope Canyon in Arizona

@TraciC

Such a detailed guide of Arizona

And the photos so gorgeous, too!

Local Guides from Taiwan.

My LGs profile➤https://www.google.com.tw/maps/contrib/101643820823137654634/◀

Level 10

Hi @TraciC

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful experience in Antelope Canyon Arizona. Both upper and lower canyons too makes it even more special to see and share the experiences with you. What a glorious gorgeous place to visit. 

Exceptionally lovely to see the various shapes and different shades in the colours with extreme uniqueness to every trail in the rocks. Nature's art, looks so spectacular, creating pictures like the Indian chiefs head. So cool. 

As you tell us here that these incredible canyons were created by the water flow over time, it is so superb to see in the pictures you share. Thanks again for sharing the happiness and fun in you with Traci jump shots as well. Wooohooo! Yeeehaaa! 

To see it in real life would be awesome. Seeing yours and many other top Google Maps reviews make it a place that should definitely be added to places to see when we visit the U.S.A. 

Cheers for a fantabulous recap of your trip to the Upper and Lower Antelope Canyon, really interesting and extremely aesthetic place to visit. 

Kudos! 

Best wishes from

@Justine2807

@TraciC wrote:

Caption: Photo of Lower Antelope CanyonCaption: Photo of Lower Antelope Canyon

Last week, I took a trip with one of my best friends to Nevada, Utah and Arizona to see some of the beautiful sights (and maybe a concert in Las Vegas!). One of the highlights was Antelope Canyon which are canyons formed by the flowing of water in a rock. What makes them so special is that they're very deep but rather narrow, with sunlight peeking in. In Arizona, the sun lights up the sandstone so incredibly, it looks like heavenly! From May-ish to November-ish, there are beautiful sun beams that make it even more beautiful but we decided to visit in February to avoid the heat and the sights were just as majestic.

In Antelope Canyon, there are two major attractions:

Upper Antelope Canyon

Lower Antelope Canyon

Access to the canyons are limited and require a Navajo tour guide, so trips are done through tour companies. For Upper, I went with Antelope Slot Canyon Tours by Chief Tsosie and for Lower, Ken's Tours.

I did a lot of reading on Google Maps and on various blogs and decided to visit Lower in the morning (9am) and Upper in the afternoon (3pm). Of the two, Lower Antelope Canyon was my favorite, but I'll let you decide for yourself based on the pictures:

Lower Antelope CanyonCaption: Looking at the sky from the bottom of the canyonCaption: Looking at the sky from the bottom of the canyon

Caption: Me standing at a bright spot in the canyonCaption: Me standing at a bright spot in the canyon

Caption: Rock that locals believe look like a Chief, can you spot the headdress?Caption: Rock that locals believe look like a Chief, can you spot the headdress?

Upper Antelope Canyon

Caption: Looking up at the red sandstoneCaption: Looking up at the red sandstoneCaption: Looking between the canyon slopesCaption: Looking between the canyon slopesCaption: Looking up in a narrow opening of the canyonCaption: Looking up in a narrow opening of the canyon

Lower Antelope Canyon was my favorite as the tour groups were much smaller, so it didn't feel like a tourist attraction. Plus, it didn't hurt that the lighting was more stunning first thing in the morning!

Now, any post by me isn't complete without a few jumping pictures, right? 

Caption: Jumping inside Lower Antelope CanyonCaption: Jumping inside Lower Antelope Canyon

Caption: Jumping inside Lower Antelope CanyonCaption: Jumping inside Lower Antelope Canyon

Caption: Jumping outside Upper Antelope CanyonCaption: Jumping outside Upper Antelope Canyon

I promise to share my reviews, detailed itinerary, recommendations and more about how Google Maps saved our trip during a bad weather spell soon. 🙂 

Level 8

Wow @TraciC

Amazing pictures. Wonderful narrative 

Cheers

Prasanna

Level 9

@TraciC  Thanks for sharing a wonderful and amazing Trip.... Great superb pic.