nerymuxson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

My experience as a local guide

In 2017 I had the opportunity to travel to Cartagena Colombia, there I had the opportunity to upload my first images to Google Maps, however, I did not know that I could be a local guide. Time passed and I realized that I started to have points for uploading images and answering comments, that seemed very interesting to me. I sat down one day to read more about the local google guides and I realized that I could help people to know the places I had already been. At the beginning I could see the benefits that really did not attract my attention because I did not think that I would reach the level of local guide I have now.

I was very impressed when I see an invitation to participate in an international woooow convention in my mailbox! that was of another level, I did not know that this other platform existed and now that I know it, I am going to seek to share more information through this channel.

I am a person who likes to teach what little I know and share experiences gained over time, I am 36 years old and I regret very much not having known everything I know before, I would surely have more images and comments.

Best regards.

San Juan Comalapa, Guatemala
2 comments
Level 9

Re: My experience as a local guide

Hi,

Exactly the same happened with me. I started giving reviews about doctors who treated my husband carelessly sending him to great trouble. I thought my reviews can help other lives and that's how it all started. I do google search and believe in the reviews before making any decisions now. As local guides i guess we should be genuine while writing about the facts as it impacts the lives of the person we review and how it can contribute to others in the society.

Level 4

Re: My experience as a local guide

Isn't it just the greatest that Google has gone And gamefied our love for travle and telling the rest of the world about it?

I mean taking fun pictures is one thing, but that it becomes useful for a random person looking for information on a place you were just at? That's amazing!