Brett's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Motorcycle trip in India

Hi everyone, I am looking for a motorcycle trip in India, planned to travel from Mumbai to Jaisalmer Fort, and some more places. 

However, my first question is how to get a motorbike in India for a foreigner?  Should I buy or rent?

And it is safe to do so?  Although I am a frequently travel, I am not sure the road condition of India, as its my first time to be there.

Deep visit of Hong Kong series: Visit Hong Kong 101 | Cha Chaan Teng 茶餐廳 | Cart noodle 車仔麪

Fine me on Instagram: brett.to.go
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
14 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Motorcycle trip in India

@Brett

Welcome to India. I would like to request you to travel by motorcycle on some specific routes. Because the roads are not good everywhere. So, I am providing a list where you will enjoy travelling -

1) Siliguri to Darjeeling.

2) Darjeeling to Gangtok.

3) Mumbai to Goa.

4) Chandigarh to Leh.

5) In and around Kerala.

4th one is quite tough. But the best experience you will collect in your lifetime.

I would suggest you to hire motorbikes for each ride separately otherwise it will be boring and tiring journey to travel whole India by bike. Rajasthan / Jaisalmer trip in summer will be very tough due to extreme whether condition.

You need to show your license only. Before hiring motorbikes, check all the documents. Otherwise there is no problem and its very safe in all the routes I mentioned.

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

@Brett

Welcome to India. I would like to request you to travel by motorcycle on some specific routes. Because the roads are not good everywhere. So, I am providing a list where you will enjoy travelling -

1) Siliguri to Darjeeling.

2) Darjeeling to Gangtok.

3) Mumbai to Goa.

4) Chandigarh to Leh.

5) In and around Kerala.

4th one is quite tough. But the best experience you will collect in your lifetime.

I would suggest you to hire motorbikes for each ride separately otherwise it will be boring and tiring journey to travel whole India by bike. Rajasthan / Jaisalmer trip in summer will be very tough due to extreme whether condition.

You need to show your license only. Before hiring motorbikes, check all the documents. Otherwise there is no problem and its very safe in all the routes I mentioned.

Level 9

@Brett It's safe in India to travel on motor bike, roads are motorable and in pretty good condition.Only problem now is it would be pretty hot in certain parts of country during this time of year.

You can try for trips suggestions made by @abhrad

@BrettK wrote:

Hi everyone, I am looking for a motorcycle trip in India, planned to travel from Mumbai to Jaisalmer Fort, and some more places. 

However, my first question is how to get a motorbike in India for a foreigner?  Should I buy or rent?

And it is safe to do so?  Although I am a frequently travel, I am not sure the road condition of India, as its my first time to be there.

Level 10

Thanks @abhrad and @NGUDAPE

As my trip may last for 2 weeks+, should I rent a bike (where to rent? how much?) or buy and sell the bike after the trip? Any suggestion?

Deep visit of Hong Kong series: Visit Hong Kong 101 | Cha Chaan Teng 茶餐廳 | Cart noodle 車仔麪

Level 8

@Brett

Search google for online bike rental shops in the places i have mentioned. Prices will vary and you have to bargain.

Level 9

@Brett@Rental is best option, please do not think of buying new bike as you may find it difficult to sell it after two weeks. Used good market is still largely unregurised and you may suffer financial losses as you won't get fair resale price . Peopl

@BrettK wrote:

Thanks @abhrad and @NGUDAPE

As my trip may last for 2 weeks+, should I rent a bike (where to rent? how much?) or buy and sell the bike after the trip? Any suggestion?

know that you have to sell it at earliest and go back home.

Level 10

Thanks for the suggestion, let me find out more bike rental information on Internet.

Level 8

Its good u r planing for India Tour.

you are planing from Mumbai to Jaisalmer, its more than 1000 Km. and on National Highway.

This highway is one of the best and well maintain highway in India. From Mumbai to Gujrat its like a race track for motorcycles.

So I suggest you to go for bike ride trip and try to get Royal Enfield, It is a best machine for long rides and for any road.

You can rent a Royal Enfield from Borivali, Mumbai Visit http://www.enfieldriders.com or contact +91 7710024033. They are best for Enfield Rent.

There are so many places you can visit in your trip from Mumbai To Jaisalmer. Add Gujrat in you plan.

Level 10

@MADY, do you think Royal Enfield will be hard to repair in small town?

Level 8

In remote areas every vehicle is hard to repair. But I m sure Enfield Riders will give you on phone assistance for any problem related with bike.

I dont think Enfield will give you trouble. I have one and I done Mumbai - Goa on it Via Coastal Road. And it was really a rural area.