Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look at it ... The Door of Alcalá

And one day I said: Look, look, look ... The Door of Alcala, as the song says.
Built by Sabatini in 1778  in Madrid as part of the beautification reforms of the city promoted by Carlos III. It is granite, neoclassical style and is an example of proportion, harmony and elegance. The king commissioned Sabatini to commemorate his arrival in the capital in 1759. The gate was located at the entrance to the city near El Retiro Park, along the road that led to Alcala of Henares, hence the name of the friends 😉

Door of Alcalá, MadridDoor of Alcalá, Madrid

Source: Myself

Ronda, Málaga, España
12 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Look at it ... The Door of Alcalá

Great article @Anonymous Thanks for sharing with us. Can you tell us more about the door of Alcala?  Where is the door leading to? I would love to know more as this as gotten my interest. 

Kind Regards, 

Samson 

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Great article @Anonymous Thanks for sharing with us. Can you tell us more about the door of Alcala?  Where is the door leading to? I would love to know more as this as gotten my interest. 

Kind Regards, 

Samson 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HelloSamsonR Door of Alcalá was one of the five old royal gates that gave access to Madrid in S.XVIII and gave access to those travelers who formerly entered the population from France, Aragon or Catalonia. 😉

Level 10

Wow, that's great, thanks for sharing that wonderful piece of information I never knew, it's great to learn new things everyday and that's one of the benefit of this forum. Thanks @Anonymous 👍

Level 10

Nice information from history of Spain,and what a fantastic selfie with door of Alcala. 

Keep discovering @Anonymous

Connect Moderator

The door of Alcala looking nice @Anonymous thanks for sharing with us.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome @HelloSamsonR👍😄🇪🇸

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much @AkmalB 😄👍🇪🇸

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much @NareshDarji 😄👍🇪🇸🇮🇳