KimberlyAnnG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Local Guiding at Coit Tower in San Francisco!

This is why I love being a Local Guide!  The chance to show off a bit of my city that doesn't get as much attention.

The Coit Tower, San FranciscoThe Coit Tower, San Francisco

My friend and fellow 2 time LG Summit alumni @DrShaunak is in town and we got the chance to explore some of San Francisco today.

Coit Tower is something that most visitors will notice but few seem to visit.  It's easily seen from anywhere along the Bay side of the city.  

sf_coit_tower.jpg 

Wikipedia ~ Coit Tower, also known as the Lillian Coit Memorial Tower, is a 210-foot (64 m) tower in the Telegraph Hill neighborhood of San FranciscoCalifornia. The tower, in the city's Pioneer Park, was built in 1933 using Lillie Hitchcock Coit's bequest to beautify the city of San Francisco, at her death in 1929.  Coit left one-third of her estate to the city for civic beautification. The tower was proposed in 1931 as an appropriate way to honor this amazing woman.   Lillie Hitchcock Coit was a wealthy socialite who loved to chase fires in the early days of the San Francisco's history. Before December 1866, there was no city fire department, and fires in the city, which broke out regularly in the wooden buildings, were extinguished by several volunteer fire companies. Lillie Coit was one of the more eccentric characters in the history of North Beach and Telegraph Hill, smoking cigars and wearing trousers long before it was socially acceptable for women to do so. She was an avid gambler and often dressed like a man in order to gamble in the males-only establishments that dotted North Beach. 

The Doctor and I walked up ALL the stairs to get there. Worth it for the clear and sunny views of the entire city from the top floor! Stunning 😍

Walked back down to Fisherman's Wharf area and found some lunch......

In-N-Out Burger for the Doctor's first time!In-N-Out Burger for the Doctor's first time!

I have a lot more photos but the file sizes prevent me from posting them here.  You CAN see them all in my Google Photos album found here ----->  San Francisco with the Doctor

@Twister411

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

Coit Tower, San Francisco, CA, USA
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Local Guiding at Coit Tower in San Francisco!

Hey @KimberlyAnnG

Summit Alumni reunion?

Hi @DrShaunak, are you searching for an Hotel for Connect Live '18? Just kidding, nice to see you both in there. I have been watching Coit Tower all the three days of LGsummit17, if I will be in this year, I will try to go and visit

Thank you for sharing, Kimberly

Ermes

Level 9

Re: Local Guiding at Coit Tower in San Francisco!

@KimberlyAnnG Thanks for this post.  SF is really beautiful. The weather helped us a lot.  I am getting so beautiful weather here in every time. 🙂 

Thanks for coming today. I really enjoyed the walk tour and lunch at In - N - Out burger. Yes, that was my first time in In - N- Out. 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Level 10