iyudhi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Local Guide-ing around USA

I generally travel quite a bit around US for my job (more in the past, less these days). At one point I decided to make it a bit more fun. I got a magnetic map in the shape of US, and whenever I visit a new state (for work or vacation), I would get the magnet of that particular state and stick it in.

This past week I just visited my 33rd state, Utah. 

maps.JPG

These work trips are basically where I do a lot of my Local Guides contribution. I never go out of my way to edit or add new places, for example. What I do is basically to incorporate it into my daily activities. Whenever I visit new places, I try to try different things, focusing on stuff that are unique and local. If I see any information that's inaccurate, or doesn't exist, I'dd edit and add it to Maps. When I take pictures of my food, something that I've been doing even before participating in Local Guides, I upload it to Maps.

How about you? Do you do anything similar? If yes, I'd love to hear from you. Either comment on this post, or create a new one (and tag me with it) 🙂

United States
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Local Guide-ing around USA

@iyudhi This is a great idea!  I too travel quite a bit for work but I haven't put together a map of where I've been.  That is a great way to keep track.  

We certainly appreciate all your contributions to Google Maps including the updates and edits you take time to make.  I love taking photos of a great meal and sharing them with the community.  What are you favorite US destinations you've visited and favorite food?  I love getting good Cuban food in Miami, Florida or fresh sushi or Asian food in California.  I also can't turn down a good cheesesteak in Philly.  

Former Google Contributor

Oh my gosh, I love this idea! I have a big map that I pasted onto a cork board and used to track all the cities around the world I visited, adding currency or tickets or other memorabilia. But after a couple of cross country moves its just a map now, haha. I thought about getting one of those scratch off maps, but I love your magnet idea!

Connect Moderator

@JessicaA In terms of food, I would say LA area is still the best for me. I love going to Korean BBQ in Koreantown LA (Soowon Galbi is my favorite). In general, the Asian food there is just much better compared to SF bay area. Sometimes I even drive there for a weekend just to satisfy my craving (and visit my friends too, I guess... 😛 ). The Indonesian food there is almost close to authentic Merry's House of ChickenToko Rame and Borneo is my favorite.

As for Philadelphia, I really LOVE Dinic's at Reading Terminal Market. I always get that whenever I go there for work 🙂

Connect Moderator

@Corrie I just bought the complete set (forgot where I got them from), so whenever I visit a new state, I just put one in.. 😄 One of these days I'm going to send this photo to my manager and ask him to schedule me for jobs in the remaining states 😛

Level 7

I need a job at usa.i am from India I am ready to relocate please help me bro. I am bored living in my home country India . I think usa is the best place to discover myself. Will you help me buddy.