Palsoft's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Lake Erie trip advice

Hello guys,

In december after Christmas I would like to make a trip to Lake Erie area. I want to rent a car and run from Toronto through Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit and back to Toronto around the lake. I will hopefuly spend the New Year's Eve in Detroit (any good clubs or music venues?)

Do you have any ideas of the best places and sights there? I'm looking for nature as well as city points of interest.

Thank you for any recommendation!

Lake Erie
4 comments
Level 7

Re: Lake Erie trip advice

@Palsoft, if you are planning on driving through Erie, PA be sure to check out Presque Isle State Park. It's been voted the #1 Fresh Water beach in America by USA Today and in the winter it's just gorgeous! The ice dunes make for some of the coolest photos ever. Sounds like a fun trip but be ready for some potentially tough driving in the snow! 

David Hunter,
Epic Web
@EpicWebStudios
Level 8

Thank you very much, David! I starred this park on my map and I will definitely visit it.

Level 6

Presque isle park is your favored nature views. The city has talant for drinks and fooooood without the typical overpriced venues. Stroll through State st. Downtown Erie and you'll be fine with the Irish taverns. ! Micro brewed drinks available too at Voodoo brewery! 

Level 8

Thank you guys. I forgot about this thread in a while. We were in the Presque Isle State Park and the scenery was great even with 2 or 3 ft of snow everywhere. Not a living soul there which makes it even better experience. I'm attaching a few photos from our trip.

Presque Isle State ParkPresque Isle State Park

Buffalo from City HallBuffalo from City HallFrozen Niagara FallsFrozen Niagara FallsToledo, OHToledo, OHDetroit from Canadian WindsorDetroit from Canadian WindsorNHL game Pittsburg Penguins vs. Detroit Red WingsNHL game Pittsburg Penguins vs. Detroit Red WingsTorontoTorontoBuffalo CanalsideBuffalo Canalside