DimitriK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

LYON SUR LES MAPS

Hello!

For there who lives in Lyon, France, let's make our city clear for visitors and new arrivals. What places are usually searched?

Lyon, France
4 comments
Level 7

Re: LYON SUR LES MAPS

Hi,

Maybe you will have more answers in the French forum:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Fran%C3%A7ais/bd-p/French

Level 3

Hey Dimitri

I want to travel to Lyon next year. 

Where would you recommend staying?

I'm investigating job opportunities. Do you personally know of any useful resources for English speakers? My French is not very good - but that's why I'm going to France!

Thanks!

Level 1

Dear Greg,

Nice to know that you are interested in Lyon. It's a big city with a lot of opportunities. Honestly, I moved to Lyon on September only.

HOW TO COME HERE : If you are still student, contact CampusFrance in your country. You can also travel with Erasmus exchange program.

STAY : I advise you Airbnb for plan B and for short stay. But you'll have some difficulties with long stay. Almost every house owner ask for garanties and garantee(warrantor). The most popular web site for search is leboncoin.fr. But, mind the rogues/swindlers. You can also find a residence. There are a lot in Lyon depending on your budget.

WORK : Start with McDonald's or any other fast-food. You can apply online. Send an email to Office de Tourisme de Lyon. They sometimes looking for foreigners to work with tourists. Don't forget to find out if any of your national companies has a subsidiary of department in Lyon and try to apply. Contact French university for exchange programs. You can easily work here as a teacher of English or any other language you speak. Moreover, search at indeed.com (or ....fr).

Greg, have a good luck and stay as cool as a cucumber!

Kind regards,

Dimitri

P.S. : what diplomas do you have and what is your job profile?

Former Google Contributor

Hello @DimitriK.  Welcome to Local Guides and our Connect community forum. We are happy to have you here. Be sure to explore the many sections of the site and check out the conversations happening among our Local Guides. 

Tips for getting started:

This section of the site has some good tips on how to use the community and interact with your fellow Local Guides. 

• Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
  • Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
  • Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
  • Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead. 
  • This area has helpful information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions.