RajdeepB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

India’s most Gradient Railway at Braganza Ghats - Castlerock to Kulem

India’s most Gradient Railway at Braganza Ghats - Castlerock to Kulem

The Braganza Ghat Section is located on the Goa - Karnataka border in the Western Ghats. It starts from Castle rock in Karnataka and ends up at Kulem in Goa. Prior to the Konkan Railways this was the only way one could have reached Goa via rail. Braganza Ghats are a stretch of hill section at the Goa – Karnataka border. This 26 km ghat section railway connecting coastal Goa to the hinterlands of Karnataka and other parts is India’s most Gradient Railway. It has three non-passenger stations en route in the ghats – Caranzol, Doodhsagar and Sonaulim. A train - whether passenger or freight - has to stop at all the 3 stations for mandatory brake tests; whereas, the uphill trains are not required to halt unless there is a crossing.

While you travel through Braganza Ghat, top view of Dudhsagar Falls will mesmerized you. Dudhsagar Falls is situated on the Mandovi river in the Bhagwan Mahaveer Sanctuary And Mollem National Park. If you are lucky enough you can click excellent pictures of Dudhsagar Falls upper side view. As when you visit Dudhsagar Falls through National Park, only base view of Dudhsagar Falls can be captured.

All Pictures were clicked while train was in Motion by myself. We also made a video documentary of India’s most Gradient Railway.

001.jpg002.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg008.jpg009.jpg010.jpg011.jpg012.jpg013.jpg014.jpg016.jpg017.jpg019.jpg020.jpg025.jpg018 A.jpg021 A.jpg022 A.jpg023 A.jpg003 A.jpg

Braganza Ghats, Goa, India
9 comments
Level 10

Re: India’s most Gradient Railway at Braganza Ghats - Castlerock to Kulem

Hi @RajdeepB Thanks for sharing  this wonderful post. India is one of the Top countries on my bucket list and I look forward in visiting sometimes soon in the future. I would love to see the Dudhsagar Falls on a moving train as well :). would be great if some of my friends from India would join along too. @NareshDarji @SalmaanN @NarenChandra  @FazeelUsmani

Connect Moderator

It's really amazing place in Goa dear @RajdeepB Dudhsagar fall is one of the best waterfall in India. Thanks for sharing this beautiful pictures.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Wow!! Its just amazing. This time we went to Saudi from 10th February to 24th February, 2018. I will definitely visit this place in my next trip. It seems this is the most beautiful railway station. Thanks for sharing @RajdeepB. Great!!!

Level 8

@HelloSamsonRTry in July, the water splashes over the train when it cross the Dudhsagar Falls .... You will get an amazing experience. Also If you need any help in making you travel plan for Goa do let me know.

Level 8

Thank you very much @NareshDarji

Level 8

The route is amazing, plenty of greenery, lot of wild flower bushes. The best traveled train route if you planning for Goa. @FazeelUsmani

Level 10

Sure @RajdeepB. Definitely I will.

@RajdeepB wrote:

The route is amazing, plenty of greenery, lot of wild flower bushes. The best traveled train route if you planning for Goa. @FazeelUsmani

Connect Moderator

@RajdeepB Hi !!! 

Beautiful share and seems you all enjoyed this journey. Your post and photography looks so cool...

Happy Guiding !!!!

Level 8

Hi @RajdeepB.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful photos of Dudhsagar falls. All this photos are breathtaking and marvellous. I wish to visit with you all, @HelloSamsonR. :))

Vellore Local Guides