WaweruM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: If I visit your country/region, what is that one drink I should not miss?

Hi @MakStef,

Thank you for sharing!

I haven't tried tsipouro. Is this some kind of wine?

Cheers,

Klaudiya

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

"The Caipirinha" (alcoholic)

CaipirinhaCaipirinha

here in Brazil, the best known drink is "caipirinha", it is simply the mixture of cachaça, lemon and sugar.

I point out that the cachaça (genuinely Brazilian) is between 38 and 48 percent alcohol, different from the brand that is above 48% alcohol, that is, all cachaça is a brandy, but not all brandy is cachaça, both come from the distillation of the "garapa" (syrup of the sugar cane), we can not confuse the cachaça process with the process of manufacturing the Run.

Whoever visits Brazil will notice that some bars sell the caipirinha made with vodka, I do not particularly recognize this cocktail as the genuine caipirinha.

The most commonly used cachaças for genuine caipirinha:

YpiócaYpiócaCachaça 51Cachaça 51Velho BarreiroVelho BarreiroSagatibaSagatiba 

The latter (Sagatiba) is marketed externally.

Wine House Geraldo

Anyone who has the opportunity to know São Paulo or Minas Gerais, if I can find this relic, I suggest taking it to a friend or a special date, as I see it is the best wine in the region.

If you are willing, you can check it out at the wine tasting, here on the map

Casa Geraldo OrigensCasa Geraldo Origens 

Thank you

Servidor Público
Level 10

@Rui_defex It looks good and I am sure I would love it.

If one day I try, I would ask @KlaudiyaG to bring some Ayran for the day after 😉

Nice one @Julien44! I really enjoyed it, but yes, you can count on me to got your back. 🙂

Cheers,

Klaudiya

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

Suco de Capim-Cidreira e Limão-Cravo com hortelã

Receita da vovó e bem conhecido em todas as regiões brasileiras, muito consumido no verão por suas propriedades refrescantes.

(Cymbopogon citratus)

Capim-Cidreira ou Capim-LimãoCapim-Cidreira ou Capim-Limão 

Variedade do Limão

Limão Rosa ou Limão CravoLimão Rosa ou Limão Cravo 

Uma porção das folhas deste capim triturado com uma porção hortelã, e uns limões e água.

Tama-se depois de coado e muito gelado!

Olha a aparência.

;)😉

Importante informação: *não é comum encontrar este suco à venda nos restaurantes e nos locais de alimentação;

* Pode adicionar gengibre também;

Servidor Público
Level 10

Level 6

@Julien44 fico feliz que gostou!

O vinho, é produzido em uma região considerada quente (Minas Gerais), é o diferencial que confere o sabor exclusivo, e este é muito difícil encontrar em lojas, somente comerciantes do ramo de vinhos que revendem à outras regiões do pais, mesmo na capital de São Paulo é difícil encontrar, eu conheci este vinho por que tenho familiares que moram em cidades próximas à vinícola.

Servidor Público
Level 10

Level 5

Hello Klaudiya,

It is a clear, colorless, unsweetened, sometimes anise-flavored, distilled alcoholic drinkTsipouro is made with what pressurized grape pulp is left from the wine production, left to ferment and then double distilled.  It is quite strong (38-45%vol). Parallel food consumption, is strongly advised. Empty stomach is a no no.

Grappa and arak are similar to the way of production.

Cheers

Mak

Thank you so much @MakStef for the explications! I do like Grappa and Arak, so I definitely will try Tsipouro when I go back again to Greece. My all time favourite Greek alcoholic drink has to be Ouzo, so I'm intrigued to see if the Tsipouro will top it. 🙂

Cheers and see you soo,

Klaudiya