WaweruM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

If I visit your country/region, what is that one drink I should not miss?

When you Visit my country, you should sample one of our local beer called "Tusker"

(c) oaksncorks(c) oaksncorks

If I visit your country/region, what is that one drink I should not miss?

Nairobi, Kenya
60 comments
Level 10

Re: If I visit your country/region, what is that one drink I should not miss?

Level 10

If you visit Bangladesh Must try to test Lacci it's a yogurt mixed drinks . there your type alcoholic not made because it'a Muslim country . but it's a great cold drinks .LacchiLacchi

LacchiLacchi

Mahabub Hasan
Level 10

Looks Great @MahabubMunna

Level 10

@WaweruM,

In France, I think you shouldn't miss trying red vine and the most famous is probably the Bordeau. 

20171225_120913.jpg

Former Google Contributor

Hello @WaweruM,

Great topic!

Among some Europeans and mainly the Eastern part of Europe, Bulgaria is famous for its Rakia. It is a very strong alcohol that we usually drink during dinner with salad and before the main dish. Rakia is made from fruits - grape, plum, cherry, peach, apple. It has strong smell (not unpleasant) and very particular taste. 

Rakia is not for everyone, but it is a must try!

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

Hi,

India is very big country and it has variety of local drinks through out different regions.

Some of them, which you must try :

1. Tea (Chai) ... you may call it, national drink of India :-), India runs on Tea.

Tea.jpeg

2. Shikanji/Nimbu Pani/ lemonade

limbupani.jpeg

3. Lassi

lassi.jpeg

4. Chass/Tak/Butter Milk

butter milk.jpeg

5. Sugarcane Juice

sugarcane.jpeg

6. Feni - traditional Goan (Goa) alcohol

feni.jpg

Connect Moderator

Hi @WaweruM

If you visit India please don't miss 7 indian indian popular drinks.

Lassi

This Drink of Punjab is so tasty that it will mesmerize you with its taste. Lassi is served with some white Butter or Malai on it which takes its taste to another level. This Summer Drink is served in Big steel glasses and after drinking the glass, it’s impossible to even think about having your meal.

2. Falooda

Image Source

Image Source

Like Lassi, Falooda is also a heavy Indian drink. Falooda is prepared with vermicelli, basil seeds and jelly pieces and with some milk and Ice-cream. Falooda tastes heavenly good with all these mixtures. It’s the perfect drink to have in Summers. If you never tried Falooda before, then you are surely missing something very special.

3. Badam (Almond) Milk

This Creamy milk gives the perfect nutty texture of Almonds. Badam Milk is very popular Indian Drink which is prepared on any Season. Badam Milk is prepared with milk, almonds and cardamom. It’s the perfect drink for the ones who don’t like to drink much milk as it changes all the essence of milk.

4. Jal-Jeera

This one is my personal favorite. Jal means ‘Water’ and Jeera stands for ‘Cumin’. Jal-Jeera is the perfect summer drink, which makes you feel refreshed and its great drink for the digestion. This masala drink is prepared with black pepper, cumin, water, mint, chilli pepper and black salt. If you never tried Jal-Jeera before, then must try it once.

5. Aamras

Aamras is probably loved by every Indian. Aamras is prepared with thick condensed milk and pieces of mango. It’s mixed till both becomes thicker and dissolves in each other. It tastes so delicious that one just wants to drink this every other day. Aamras needs no introduction or request, it’s a must try drink for everyone.

6. Nimbu Pani (Indian Lemonade Water)

This easy to make Indian Drink is the perfect savior from the Humin Weather. Nimbu Pani isn’t just refreshing the mind and body, but also gives greater energy to work and feel more energetic. Nimbu Pani is definitely very popular and important part of Indian Cuisine.

7. Sharbat (Syrup)

Sharbats are basically prepared from the flower petals. The flower petals are diluted in the water, which gives the real taste of the fragrance of the flower. Rose, Pineapple, Orange, Sandalwood and Mango are some of the famous variants of Sharbat. If you never tried Sharbat before, then you must try at least once in Life.

Source : https://greatindianfood.in/7-indian-popular-drinks-try-life/

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 6

I think you shouldn't miss locally brewed Muratina (local brew made with honey). It is a traditional brew mostly found in the country. Best combination is goat meat with Muratina. Cheers!

Level 10

@WaweruM@NareshDarji

When in Kerala India, this is not to be missed (assuming one doesn't mind a little alcohol)... This is Palm or Coconut Toddy (Kallu in local language). It's the fermented sap from the stalk of the Palm tree or Coconut tree flower.

Absolutely delicious and fabulous when taken with some spicy fried meats and aapam pancake. 🙂

@Sariga @JustinAlex

20140123_195649_LLS.jpg