Kedy's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

How to walk around Safe in Johannesburg, South Africa

Hie Everyone .. Please lets share all our experiences in Johannesburg as it is not a safe place to walk around but a nice place for memories.

Johannesburg, South Africa
2 comments
Level 5

Re: How to walk around Safe in Johannesburg, South Africa

I love the buzz and vibe of 7th Street in Melville. So many bars and restaurants to choose from. Unfortunately pick pocketing is rife on the streets and in some of the bars. So guys just take care to not keep your phones in your back pocket or leave it lying around on the bar table. In particular, pick pocketing at the club Liquid Blue is a regular occurrence. I hope this doesn't put anyone off Melville, because it is definitely has the best nightlife in Joburg for me -  just be cautious with your belongings and you'll have an amazing time. 

Level 6

Re: How to walk around Safe in Johannesburg, South Africa

@Kedy wrote:

Hie Everyone .. Please lets share all our experiences in Johannesburg as it is not a safe place to walk around but a nice place for memories.

@Kedy wrote:

Johannesburg is a nice place @Kedy and I trust that you know very well that safety comes first and it is a concept that we all need yo have in order to feel at peace and minimally comfortable. At some point we need to strategies how to close up some of the loopholes that may enable criminals the opportunity to penetrate because most victims are being careless with their valuables whilst some expose themselves by flashing cash in public or leave their cellphones or handbag on the car seat and leave it unattended. It is wise not to be too comfortable, always be on the alert like @calvinp85 has mentioned about pickpocketing around Melville, you should therefore be aware of your surroundings at all tines, even in familiar places because crime is a pandemic that is fast taking over the world.

Sir-Shimmy