RajievR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

How to address "Please Don't take Photos here"

When I try to take photographs inside stores/ Shops, Most shop owners are paranoid and ask not to take pictures. Some places have "No photos" sign displayed for no obvious reasons (Cargills Supermarket - groceries). And Even though there are no signs displayed, people just say "please don't take photos".

Even after I say that I am a Google LG, they usually don't change their mind.

How do you address these type of scenarios?

PS: I live in Sri Lanka.

Sri Lanka
2 comments
Level 6

Re: How to address "Please Don't take Photos here"

Hi there RajievR, How are you 🙂

I think in all honestly once the shop owner has said no (whether or not you mention Local Guides), you simply must respect their wishes.

In the same way if someone on the street sees you taking a photo of them and they don't want you to, then don't - this will show what a courteous person you are.

Best wishes

James

Level 9

Re: How to address "Please Don't take Photos here"

@James8Arthur wrote:

Hi there RajievR, How are you 🙂

I think in all honestly once the shop owner has said no (whether or not you mention Local Guides), you simply must respect their wishes.

In the same way if someone on the street sees you taking a photo of them and they don't want you to, then don't - this will show what a courteous person you are.

Best wishes

James

Thanks for your reply James.

Yes, I understand the need to respect others wishes and follow any local laws.

I just wanted to know how to make them (say a small shop owner) understand that, having something about your shop on the Google map is a publicity and a good thing?