EstebanM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

How do I get from Jerusalem to Petra, Jordan as cheap as possible?

Hello,

I am planning to visit Israel in June, but I would also love to visit Jordan, especially Petra. However, since I have never been in that region of the world, I really do not know anything about transportation. What would be the different options to get from Jerusalem to Petra?

Jerusalem, Israel
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: How do I get from Jerusalem to Petra, Jordan as cheap as possible?

A warm welcome to Local Guides @EstebanM and our Connect community forum. I just moved your post here in the "Travel and Advice" board as it is the best place to share your travel experience and ask for advice As it looks like you are new, here some tips to get started. 

Tips for getting started:

• Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
  • Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
  • Share a story with your photo(s) - tell your fellow Local Guides something about the location's history, why you like it,  a few details on what is in the pictures, etc. 
  • Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post. 
  • Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead. 

This area has helpful information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions. 

Many thanks.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 8

Hello @EstebanM

I think the best way for you is to take a bus from Jerusalem to Eilat (on the south part of Israel), and from there take a taxi to the border crossing (you can spend a couple of days in Eilat, if you have time, before heading to Jordan).

There are 3 border crossing between Israel to Jordan. The closets to Petra is the southern crossing (Yitzhak Rabin crossing).

You can also cross in Allenby bridge, which is the closest to Jerusalem, but if you cross there, you need to apply for a Jordanian visa in advance (in the southern crossing, you can apply for the visa at the border point).

For more information about the three border crossing and how to get there, click here

Enjoy your time in Israel!

Level 8

Moshe's advice is good.

How long do you have? I went the opposite way started with Jordan and Petra and onto Israel. Crossed the border at King Hussein which is close to Jerusalem. That way be good if you want check out Amman the capital. Petra is about 4 hours from Amman. If you have less time go with what Moshe said.