MahabubMunna's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Himalayan Toy Train - Darjeeling

The Toy Train of Darjeeling Himalayan Railways (DHR) has always remained a coveted experience to the tourists. Only few would let go such an opportunity. And there is a clear reason why so. After all this Toy Train has been accorded the UNESCO World Heritage status, and that's for something special. 

Ticket Not available not all time . so people buy from broker 2-4 times more money . also much expensive this train journey  

Steam TrainSteam Train

Darjeeling Famous toy TrainDarjeeling Famous toy Train

Operating on narrow gauge tracks since 1880s and providing an important transport link to various parts of Darjeeling hills and lower plains, the Toy Train is still unmatched when it comes to absorbing magnificent beauty of the mountains. 
Where else can you find a small steam engine pulling mini coaches up the steep mountains through breathtaking 

3.jpg

4.jpglandscapes and overcoming almost impossible curves and gradients using sheer engineering ingenuity and creative skills. The snail pace at which the train moves through the hilly terrain is at times so slow that you can often see the local school children hopping on and off the train on the move. 

5.jpg

6.jpgAlthough the diesel engines used these days are faster and more powerful, the original steam engines still operate in some sections of DHR and also for joyrides. The steam loco drawn trains sometimes tend to skid in steep gradients. You can often see an attendant standing in front of the engine and sprinkling sand on the track to overcome such difficulties, particularly during monsoon time.

Mahabub Hasan
Ghum Railway Station, Hill Cart Road, Ghoom, West Bengal, India
16 comments
Level 10

Re: Himalayan Toy Train - Darjeeling

Nice pics bro @MahabubMunna

Good information. when you visited this place

Connect Moderator

Himalayan toy train very famous in India @MahabubMunna thanks for sharing 

@MahabubMunna wrote:

The Toy Train of Darjeeling Himalayan Railways (DHR) has always remained a coveted experience to the tourists. Only few would let go such an opportunity. And there is a clear reason why so. After all this Toy Train has been accorded the UNESCO World Heritage status, and that's for something special. 

Ticket Not available not all time . so people buy from broker 2-4 times more money . also much expensive this train journey  

Steam TrainSteam Train

Darjeeling Famous toy TrainDarjeeling Famous toy Train

Operating on narrow gauge tracks since 1880s and providing an important transport link to various parts of Darjeeling hills and lower plains, the Toy Train is still unmatched when it comes to absorbing magnificent beauty of the mountains. 
Where else can you find a small steam engine pulling mini coaches up the steep mountains through breathtaking 

3.jpg

4.jpglandscapes and overcoming almost impossible curves and gradients using sheer engineering ingenuity and creative skills. The snail pace at which the train moves through the hilly terrain is at times so slow that you can often see the local school children hopping on and off the train on the move. 

5.jpg

6.jpgAlthough the diesel engines used these days are faster and more powerful, the original steam engines still operate in some sections of DHR and also for joyrides. The steam loco drawn trains sometimes tend to skid in steep gradients. You can often see an attendant standing in front of the engine and sprinkling sand on the track to overcome such difficulties, particularly during monsoon time.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

@Ravi_Kiran 4 mount ago me arrange South asia Local guides meetup . join there 37 Local guides  from Bangladesh , India , Srilanka  and nepal . you can search in connect and see a lot's of photos , kolkata , darjeeling , mirik , kalimpong we travel .

@NareshDarji yah . but i saw a problem 95% ticket are in black market , in hotel manager or travel agency sell  3-4 times more money . must need authority take action about it 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 9

@AkmalB check this wonderful Post 😉

Level 6

Dear @MahabubMunna vai 
In this phenomenon really you collect good information. 

Level 10

What a beautiful and memorable photos @MahabubMunna.

Thanks @OSAMA for mention me .

It's really a wonderful post.

And also we have to learn from @MahabubMunnahow to organise some big events.like he did 4 countries meet up. 

Thanks for the information about toy train.

Level 9

Welcome bro @AkmalB 😊👍

@AkmalB wrote:

What a beautiful and memorable photos @MahabubMunna.

Thanks @OSAMA for mention me .

It's really a wonderful post.

And also we have to learn from @MahabubMunnahow to organise some big events.like he did 4 countries meet up. 

Thanks for the information about toy train.

Level 10

@AkmalB ahahah. bro i try to present something new always . it's successfully done because other 3 country Local guides join with us  

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

Great Post @MahabubMunna Bro 🙂 , Its Still Running..?