NirajBhusal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Hike to Chitlang, Makwanpur, Nepal

Hello Local Guides !
We travelled to Chitlang which is located in Makwanpur Nepal in August. Sorry I forgot to share my photos earlier. It was a today hike which was full of fun. We (Niraj Bhusal, Abhishek Pandey and Abhishek Acharya) gathered on Kalaki, got a bus to Thankot and started to hike from Thankot.  The distance from Thankot to Chitlang is around 14 kms. The road is surrounded by Jungle which is something daring while listening some unique, unusual sounds. We reached Chitlang after 4 hours of hike. During our hike we took photos, snacks, took shortcuts on different places and got injured too. Though it was full of fun.

(Chitlang has its beauty nourished by temples with amazing wood sculptures, stone carved taps, artistic rest houses and inscription of centuries back period.They are also the proof of civilized Nepali society standing out there since a long time before.

Chitlang has its beauty nourished by temples with amazing wood sculptures, stone carved taps, artistic rest houses and inscription of centuries back period.They are also the proof of civilized Nepali society standing out there since a long time before. Chitlang is surrounded by beautiful green forest, which consists of more than 160 species of birds and animals. Chitlang is also famous for the garden of pear. The special pear wine is the specialty of this place. It offers an amazing experience to be in touch with the combination of natural beauty and cultural heritages. It is also famous as the gateway of motor cars carried on the back of people towards valley dating back to the history of times when vehicles were first introduced in Kathmandu. Chitlang offers visitors with an opportunity of village home stay where you can interact and get an insight of the rural life in Nepal.They make you feel as you are in your own home. You can have a taste of Newari food as well and for sure campfire. You can also stay at the Chitlang Organic Village resort which has traditional rooms for you. Camping and cycling here provide you an opportunity of getting closer to the fresh ecology in the locality.)

We stayed in Chitlang Organic Resort where we had to pay Rs. 1300 per person which included the evening meal and morning breakfast.  After reaching Chitlang, we booked a room for 3 of us, took snacks, went to see the beauty of Chitlang and captured some photos.

Next Morning we took breakfast and returned back to Kathmandu through  the same route.

Full Photo Album, Chitlang, Makwanpur Had no DSLR Camera and 360 Camera that time so captured the photos with my Samsung Galaxy S5. 

Hope @MarinSt @NadyaPN @JeslynL will like these photos. @OSAMA @LucioV @DavidTito @AlejandraMaria @Justine2807 @ValeriaA_

Here are the photos of Chitlang visit.

Climbing the MountainsClimbing the MountainsBorder of Kathmandu and MakwanpurBorder of Kathmandu and MakwanpurChitlang - Welcome BoardChitlang - Welcome Board20160818_122311.jpgPear Garden at Chitlang Organic ResortPear Garden at Chitlang Organic ResortLocal SnakcsLocal SnakcsMe , Abhishek Acharya and Abhishek PandeyMe , Abhishek Acharya and Abhishek PandeyChitlang Village surrounded by Mountain and FogChitlang Village surrounded by Mountain and FogBreakfastBreakfast20160819_081811.jpg20160819_091322.jpg20160818_181520.jpg20160818_171517.jpg20160818_160210.jpg20160818_171043.jpg20160818_181520.jpgIMG_20160818_164141_HDR.jpg

Chitlang, Nepal
15 comments
Level 9

Re: Hike to Chitlang, Makwanpur, Nepal

Hi @NirajBhusal,

Amazing Chitlang area.

You don't stop surprising us with your travells 😊.

Thank you very much for showing this lovely place.

Good Morning from the South of Spain, 

Alejandra .

Level 8

Thank you so much @AlejandraMaria.

Good Afternoon from Nepal.

Namaste, Niraj

Level 10

Connect Moderator

Hi @NirajBhusal

Nice post of a very interesting journey. So sorry that you were injuried too, I hope it was only a scratch.

Your smiling faces are confirming to everyone that definetly you had a lot of fun.

Thanks for sharing

Ermes

Level 10

Thanks for tagging me @NirajBhusal! You've had a really interesting and challenging adventure. I really like the photo with the cow 🙂 Amazing place to visit, hope I will some day

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 8

Hello @ValeriaA_. I tagged you so that you won't miss it. I know you love to travel so hope to have you someday in Nepal and take a selfie together. 

Level 8

Thank you so much @ErmesT Sir for reaching my post. I was little injured but forgot the pain enjoying with the natural beauty of Chitlang. Yes, we had lots of fun, hope to have you in Nepal soon.  

Level 8

Former Google Contributor

Hey @NirajBhusal,

Great photo story! Chitlang sounds like a lovely place. I'd love to try this pear wine too. 🙂

Thanks for sharing!

- Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!