CarolinaT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Have you noticed how well foreing people know more about interesting places of your city?

Funny ah?

Living in a city like Bogotá, Colombia could be a lil crazy. But meeting foreigners is amazing since they know those spots to have fun, explore the culture, the local music and the most delicious food (besides the typical one).

Would anybody like to share their experiences in this city as visitors? What about other places?

5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Have you noticed how well foreing people know more about interesting places of your city?

I agree with @PaulPavlinovich@CarolinaT. We do a lot of research in advance and with Google Maps and Local Guides, the world feels a bit smaller. I think the last time I took a trip when I didn't know too much and Google Maps didn't have a lot of coverage was two years ago around this time to Barbados. I explored a ton and have now shared a ton of tips about places to go, which is helpful as I went alone. 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Re: Have you noticed how well foreing people know more about interesting places of your city?

That is quite normal @CarolinaT people who visit your city will do research and will see it with fresh eyes. We become used to our own cities and often miss a lot of cool things.

Regards

Paul

Level 2

Thanks @PaulPavlinovich

What places have you seen with #Fresheyes?

Googler
Solution

I agree with @PaulPavlinovich@CarolinaT. We do a lot of research in advance and with Google Maps and Local Guides, the world feels a bit smaller. I think the last time I took a trip when I didn't know too much and Google Maps didn't have a lot of coverage was two years ago around this time to Barbados. I explored a ton and have now shared a ton of tips about places to go, which is helpful as I went alone. 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

With fresh eyes? Everywhere I go because I'm a photographer I'm always looking at stuff!

Level 8

Foreigners have that craving to discover what the locals have to offer. Growing up where you live becomes more of a comfort zone. While in uni, I took rides on the trains, trams and buses just to discover where they led to and tried to figure out the fastest way from point A to B without taking a cab or private car. This led to a discovery of what more the country had to offer than the four walls of school had to offer.