Badruddeen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Google Maps: This swimming pool is EIGHT times bigger than a normal pool - would you go?

Hi Local Guides,

GOOGLE Maps photographs incredible sites from a bird’s eye view thanks to its Google Earth function. This incredible swimming pool in Chile looks particularly impressive from above - and it would be the perfect place to be during this heatwave. 

Photo via San Alfonso del MarPhoto via San Alfonso del Mar

via ExpressUK

San Alfonso del Mar - Camino Algarrobo Mirasol, Algarrobo, Chile
8 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Google Maps: This swimming pool is EIGHT times bigger than a normal pool - would you go?

Hi @Badruddeen,

That's an incredible photo indeed. The pool is impressive but I'd choose the sea/ocean over a swimming pool anytime. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

Re: Google Maps: This swimming pool is EIGHT times bigger than a normal pool - would you go?

Wow! You could get lost in that thing, great find @Badruddeen 🙂

Level 10

@NadyaPN

For me it depends on what is swimming IN the sea... 

jellyfish.jpg

and no, this is of course not me!

Former Google Contributor

Hahaha! You are right, @SuzanneBozz. I'm sometimes scared of the ocean creatures too. However, there aren't any dangerous animals in the nearby beaches and resorts that I usually visit.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Hi @Badruddeen!

Back in January I was actually able to visit a similar pool in La Serena, Coquimbo region, also in Chile. It's called Laguna del Mar. It isn't as big  as the one in Algarrobo but has the same technology.

You aren't allowed to swim in most of the pool, but in the areas you can't swim you can kayak, windsurf and paddleboard.

I don't know about the pool in Algarrobo, but the one I went to was always really cold and didn't have the technology to make the water warm, so nobody wanted to get in in the mornings.View from the apartment I rentedView from the apartment I rented

My first time kayakingMy first time kayaking

Level 8

Hi @Jesi

That's really interesting. Thank you for sharing your experience.

I have been to a very large pool in Sri Lanka  too. Will share information about it later. 

Cheers

Level 8

Hi @Jesi

Check this out. Club Hotel Dolphin This hotel has the longest swimming pool in Sri Lanka.

Cheers

Connect Moderator

@Badruddeen wrote:

Hi @Jesi

Check this out. Club Hotel Dolphin This hotel has the longest swimming pool in Sri Lanka.

Cheers

It looks really nice! and it seems like people can actually swim in the whole pool, not like the one I went 🙂

Thank you for sharing this!