NatalkaR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Four days, two countries, two capitals: my small trip to Warsaw and Brussels (05-09.03.2018)

What is the best thing in the world? Freedom! And my freedom is in travels.

17.jpg

It was Saturday morning (03.03.2018). I woke up early, because I needed to work. But before work I‘ve checked airlines sites. I do it sometimes. And I found good tickets from Kyiv to Warsaw. Depart on Monday (05.03.2018). I bought it immediately. The best decisions are spontaneous. But I didn’t stop on it. I’ve checked Ryanair and… bought tickets from Warsaw to Brussels. Four days and two countries – amazing! I told my husband and children about my plans later. They know – I love to travel (with family, alone,  or with my dog – dachshund Dozitta). They were not shocked, because they always support me and my trips. Time to pack a suitcase.

68.jpg

Warsaw                 

Old town of Warsaw is amazing. The most important tourist attraction is the Royal castle. It was built in the 14th century. But during the Second World War castle was destroyed. Reconstruction lasted 50 years! Really amazing building. Now it’s museum and it’s open for everyone.

The Royal castleThe Royal castleThe Royal castleThe Royal castleThe Royal castleThe Royal castle

In front of the Royal Castle there is The Castle Square. It’s very large place. In the middle of the square there is a bronze statue King Zygmunt III. Thakns to him, Warsaw became a capital of Poland.

The Castle SquareThe Castle Square

The Castle SquareThe Castle Square

I love colors of Warsaw. All buildings in old town are comfortable and beautiful.

Colorful  WarsawColorful WarsawColorful  WarsawColorful WarsawColorful  WarsawColorful Warsaw

Colorful WarsawColorful Warsaw

Did you know that the largest part of the Old Town was destroyed during the Second World War and was  reconstructed later? The oldest part of ancient city date back to the 13 th century. For example, this Old Town Market Square.

The Old Town Market SquareThe Old Town Market SquareThe Old Town Market SquareThe Old Town Market SquareThe Old Town Market SquareThe Old Town Market Square

The Warsaw Old Town Wall was built in the 14th century. It goes around whole the Old Town.

The Warsaw Old Town WallThe Warsaw Old Town Wall14.jpg15.jpg

The Barbican is one of the ancient gate to the Old Town. It situated directly where the Old Town merges into  the New Town. I like to be there in the evening, there is a very romantic atmosphere.

The BarbicanThe BarbicanThe BarbicanThe BarbicanIMG_20180306_104908.jpg

If you have time you should visit Lazienki park and Wilanow. It’s the The most beautiful park in Warsaw! Many ducks live in Lazienki park. This place is like a duck’s paradise.

Lazienki parkLazienki parkLazienki parkLazienki parkLazienki parkLazienki parkLazienki parkLazienki park

The Royal Lazienki Palace is in the center of park.

The Royal Lazienki PalaceThe Royal Lazienki PalaceThe Royal Lazienki PalaceThe Royal Lazienki Palace

IMG_20180309_131614.jpg

Wilanow… I can’t find words for express my delight! Amazing  park, wonderful palace!

WilanowWilanow

Brussels

This city smells of chocolate and waffles. Capital of big country in one moment becomes very close and comfortable city. I really felt in love…

BrusselsBrusselsBrusselsBrusselsBrusselsBrusselsBrusselsBrussels

BrusselsBrussels

Heart of Brussels is, of course, the Grand Place – the main plaza. Since the 11th century it was political and economic center for the city.

The Grand PlaceThe Grand Place

The most recognizable building there is the Hôtel de Ville (Town Hall). It was built in 14 th century. You should return to the Grand Place in the evening – after sunset. It’s amazing view!

The Hôtel de VilleThe Hôtel de VilleThe Hôtel de VilleThe Hôtel de Ville

Mannekin Pis is one of the most famous tourist attractions. But don’t forget about Jeanneke Pis! 🙂

Mannekin PisMannekin PisMannekin PisMannekin Pis

Jeanneke PisJeanneke Pis 

Brussels is the city of churches. The Saint-Michel Cathedral was built in 13 th century. This Gothic church is nice place. Absolute silence is inside.

50.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpgThe Saint-Michel CathedralThe Saint-Michel Cathedral

Another amazing church in Brussels is the Basilique Nationale du Sacré Coeur. Do you know that this is the fifth largest church in the world?

The Basilique Nationale du Sacré CoeurThe Basilique Nationale du Sacré Coeur

Another attraction worth visiting is the Atomium. The building represents a molecule of iron magnified 165 million times. It’s so exiting to be inside of atom :-)))

The AtomiumThe AtomiumThe AtomiumThe AtomiumThe AtomiumThe Atomium

The end of my trip is very and very tasty. Chocolate and waffles…

wafers_2.jpgwafers_3.jpgwafers_5.jpg

It’s something incredible. Your eyes want to eat all sweets. You try one, one more…

61.jpg62.jpg63.jpg

Belgic sweets are the best in the world!

65.jpg66.jpg67.jpg

Kyiv, Украина
44 comments
Level 10

Re: Four days, two countries, two capitals: my small trip to Warsaw and Brussels (05-09.03.2018)

Hi @NatalkaR,

Very good recap and very nice pictures. They are so well taken. Thanks for sharing and remembering me so many memories.

It is funny that they dress the Mannken Pis during winter.

See you around

Jul

Level 10

Re: Four days, two countries, two capitals: my small trip to Warsaw and Brussels (05-09.03.2018)

Level 10

@Julien44 thanks for your nice words! yes, it was funny to see the dressed Mannken Pis :-)))))))))))))))

Level 10

Hi @NatalkaR

First of all you enough encourage us all to visit Warsaw Poland and Brussels,

And your photography is just amazing,I love that,

Thanks for sharing your happiness and visit to beautiful cities,

Thanks

Have a nice day

Level 10

@AkmalB thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! Warsaw and Brussels are amazing! you should go there! I'm sure, you will enjoy! :-)))))))))))))))

Former Google Contributor

Hey @NatalkaR,

That's an awesome recap. Great photos! I love Brussels and I've been wanting to visit Poland for quite some time now . Have you been in other Polish cities too?

See you!

- Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

@NadyaPN thanks!!!!! I have been in Poland many times. Wroclav, Krakow, Gdansk, Lublin are wonderful cities. But I never have been in Warsaw. I thought that this city is gray and quite gloomy. But when I came I saw colorful city - amazing city :-))))

Connect Moderator

That's really amazing trip @NatalkaR

Thanks for sharing this beautiful pictures. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

@NareshDarji thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And now I'm thinking about new travel :-))))) I need just decide - where :-)))))