Zuritachi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Fiesta SA

San Antonio is the 7th largest city in America, and we have culture, music, food, attractions, parks, entertainment, buildings, medical, life - here in this city. This month is Fiesta San Antonio, and there are attractive areas, and there are areas that are smelly and lonely. Here are tips for you during this festive month.

• Do not go through the alleys at night. Not there has been anything terrible happened there, just common sense.
  • Here is the one advice for you nightwalkers on the Riverwalk. Please bring a flashlight brighter than your phone. I walked along the Riverwalk at night for the first time two years ago, and I could not see the floor even with all the lights. The lights did not shine on the sidewalk, for real. I could have fallen off and fallen into the dirty river (yes it is dirty, I am San Antonian so I can say that, hehe…:D) Please be safe at night and watch where you step. Maybe they improve the lighting by now but never hurt to bring a flashlight. Have fun at the Riverwalk at night, enjoy San Antonio.
  • Please throw away your trash into the trash bin and please throw away your recyclable items in the recycle bin. I can’t stress this enough. After Fiesta was over, a rainstorm abrupted at night and flooded the main river here. The next morning, the city found a massive amount of dirty trash, beer cans, confetti, and other items at the near end of the river. It was terrific how tourists love to throw their trash in our San Pedro Flood Control Ditch and our main attraction the San Antonio River rather than to find a trash bag or recycle bin. It is sad to see workers trying to clean it up but amazing to see volunteers cleaning up and helping. Please throw your items responsibly.
  • Please, please, please, bring proactive gear to our events. Texas weather is no joke. It will get boiling under the sun. Bring plenty of water and sun protective
  • There will be a lot of people, please take care of your children and watch over them. Always have a photo of them for necessary reasons. I see kids with their cute backpacks with a leash attached to it. They are not pets, but it is a brilliant idea to have them on a backpack leash during these types of events. It is a precaution, not because it happens so often here. Common sense.
  • Please be safe and don’t drink and drive. Know who you are with and have friends around.
  • Please, if it so happens to rain heavy here, please watch for weather reports and do not drive on a flooded road. Common sense. Turn around, don’t drown.

So please have fun and have a good time in Fiesta San Antonio. I hope these tips help especially the Texas weather. You don’t want to joke around with Texas weather. It is very bipolar.

From your Local Guide - Mark. Thank you and have a good day.

Mark G Olivares
San Antonio, TX, USA
1 comment
Former Google Contributor

Re: Fiesta SA

Hi @Zuritachi

This is a great post. Thank you for sharing these tips. Even though I'm not planing to visit San Antonio soon and I'll miss the Fiesta month, I find them very useful and appreciate your initiative to help Local Guides spend the best time during the festival.

Cheers!