SajolKDas's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Dhakeshwari Mondir (ঢাকেশ্বরী মন্দির) | National Temple of Bangladesh

Dhakeshwari Mondir (ঢাকেশ্বরী মন্দির) | National Temple of Bangladesh

Today I am going to talk about the national temple of Bangladesh called Dhakeshwari Mondir (ঢাকেশ্বরী মন্দির). State owned temple in the country.

It situated in Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh.
IMG_1590.JPG

Function: Hindu Temple
GPS Location: 23.723046, 90.390230
Map Location: https://goo.gl/QDh13y

The Dhakeshwari temple was built in the 12th century by Ballal Sen, a king of the Sena dynasty, and many say the city was named after this temple.  It is considered an essential part of Dhaka's cultural heritage.
Since ages, the temple has been held in great importance. The original 800-year-old statue was taken to Kumartuli, Kolkata, West Bengal, India. There remains the replica of an original idol in Dhaka.
Within the premises of the Dhakeswari there are temples of two types of architecture. The ancient one is of the Poncharotna Goddess Durga's which lost its actual look after the renovation work.
Every day lots of devotes gathered this temple everyday. The temple opens at the morning 7 am and closing on 9 pm. But 2pm to 4pm temple is closed for maintenance. 
360 view360 view

How to go?

If you are somewhere in Dhaka, just take a taxi and start for it. Or from any corner of this world, fly to Dhaka and take a taxi. 😛
Also outside the main premises of the temple, there is a large place for Durga puja. Durga puja is the largest religious festival of Bangli Hindus.
IMG_1592.JPGIMG_1597.JPGIMG_1601.JPG
And planning to visit Dhakeshwari Mondir? You can contact me, I ll guide you.
Because I am a Local Guide. 🙂 🙂

Dhaka, Dhaka Division, Bangladesh
4 comments
Level 9

Re: Dhakeshwari Mondir (ঢাকেশ্বরী মন্দির) | National Temple of Bangladesh

Beautiful post @SajolKDas. thanks for sharing this National Temple with us 🙂

Level 8

@IlankovanT Welcome.

Please keep me in your prayer. I all posting more like this.

Level 8

ভাল লাগছে ভায়া। 😂 

It's a very nice place. I was been there once. Loved the environment and everything 🙂 

thanks for sharing with us.. 😊

Level 8