Vasooda's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Day Trip to Napa Valley.. suggestions ?

Hello Local Guides, 

I am planning a day trip to Napa Valley this Sunday and wanted some suggestions. This is our first time visiting Napa!  

We are booked at :

1. Jarvis Winery for a tour and tasting to start 
  2. Considering lunch at a restaurant in St. Helena 

We're open to any other suggestions! We also wanted to know if there were any nice scenic places for us to picnic ?

Cheers! 

Napa Valley, Napa County, CA, United States
2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 5
Solution

Re: Day Trip to Napa Valley.. suggestions ?

I would visit Inglenook winery in Rutherford for sure! (formerly The Rubicon Estate Winery and before that the Niebaum-Coppola Estate Winery.)  Here's a link with some pictures: https://www.inglenook.com/Gallery

Not sure what you especially are looking for on your trip, but it is worth it to take some time there. It's been quite awhile since we've been, but it was gorgeous and I can only imagine it's gotten better. It is a classic "old world" type winery and possibly pretty crowded on Sundays...but it is unforgettable.

Hope you have fun wherever you end up going!

View solution in original post

Level 5
Solution

I would visit Inglenook winery in Rutherford for sure! (formerly The Rubicon Estate Winery and before that the Niebaum-Coppola Estate Winery.)  Here's a link with some pictures: https://www.inglenook.com/Gallery

Not sure what you especially are looking for on your trip, but it is worth it to take some time there. It's been quite awhile since we've been, but it was gorgeous and I can only imagine it's gotten better. It is a classic "old world" type winery and possibly pretty crowded on Sundays...but it is unforgettable.

Hope you have fun wherever you end up going!

Level 5

Hey Ninaboo, 

Thank for the suggestion! Since we had reservations with Jarvis we weren't able to make it to  Inglenook Winery, but once we got to Napa we realized we barely scratched the surfaceSince we're in the Bay we planning on make frequent trips to Napa, so I'll be sure to plan Rutherford next! 

Cheers,