TiffanyCariaga's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Coming To Japan

Hi Everyone!

I am thinking of travelling to Japan, specifically Tokyo next year and have a couple of questions in terms of the following:

-What time is the best time to visit?

-Where is the best place to stay in Tokyo?

-What are the best places to eat?

-What are the best bars to go to?

I think we will be spending at least a week in Japan and just want to get a feel to see if that is enough time for all the things we would like to see and do (like shopping, visiting Mt. Fugi, riding a bullet train, visiting some temples, etc)

Any and/or all suggestions are welcome and much appreciated!  Just wanted to pick any local guide's brains on Tokyo!

T

15 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Coming To Japan

Hi @TiffanyCariaga!

I love Japan (I even have a website about the country, but in Spanish, I'm afraid). And for this website I created a My Map of Tokyo (some names and descriptions are in Spanish, but you'll find hotels, tourist spots, restaurants, and much more). Maybe it could be helpful for you.

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Connect Moderator

@TiffanyCariaga I think u may find your expected idea or suggestion from Tokyo Local Guides 

they can help u by giving exactly information ... 

U can also see the local guides reviews on Google Maps tokyo 

Level 8

Spring(end of March to May) or Autumn(End of September to November).

Spring is the cherry blossom season and the climate is good.
Autumn is the season of autumn leaves, a pleasant season.

Any place.

It's depend on your budget and what do you want.

Any place.

It's depend on what do you want.

Basically there are good restaurants where you can go anywhere in Tokyo.

Any place.

Each place has personality.
But most populer place for foreigner is Ueno, Ginza, Shinbashi, Roppongi, Shinjuku, Shibuya and other.

Level 7

I am coming to Tokyo on 20th December 

Level 8

Hello @TiffanyCariaga!

I think that to answer that @YumiSapporo is the best person.
@LuisRG, I absolutely loved your map, I share the shame admiration for Japan (and specially for Tokyo).

Porto Local Guides / Guias Locais Porto -> https://plus.google.com/communities/106040857680218167429
Nanos gigantum humeris insidentes.
Level 10

Hi @TiffanyCariaga

I live in Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan though my family lives in close of Tokyo dome now, I'll go Tokyo next month.

For me except summer, I can't stand the hot and humid of Tokyo. 

I had staid at Hibiya this summer, there is quite close from Ginza, I recommend to the place and these hotels were nice for me.

https://goo.gl/maps/zuRLAtNgbW42

https://goo.gl/maps/vpPBZGC4Mvr

And I like Yokohama city, it's next town of Tokyo, it takes 30 minute by train,  hotels also nice and the price much cheaper than central in Tokyo.

I love Harajuku area and Ginza also, Asakusa and Tokyo sky tree are nice to eat, you can find many kind of food everywhere in Tokyo.

Roppongi and Shinjuku, shibuya there are lots of bars, you can easy to find around there.

Yumi

Level 8

Excellent as ussual @YumiSapporo!

さようなら!

Porto Local Guides / Guias Locais Porto -> https://plus.google.com/communities/106040857680218167429
Nanos gigantum humeris insidentes.
Level 4

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!!

I recently just booked a ticket for May next year to go visit for a week.

I actually visited May 2014 before, but at the time, my focus was on visiting relatives and friends so I didn't really explore much.

I do know Kamakura is a good place to visit if you have a whole day to spend and want to see temples. If I remember correctly, it's about an hour out of Tokyo by train (NOT the bullet train), and there is a nice small ramen shop (with a trip adviser stamp on the door) with delicious ramen. There's also a studio ghibli shop there selling merchandises.

If you're up for something different, Alcatraz E.R. (located in Shibuya) is a medical-prison themed restaurant, where customers dine in small prison cells, served by nurses. You can google it for more info.

Hope that helps!

Level 10

Hi @RangseyK

In May, we have the golden week that's consecutive holiday, so you should avoid the holiday week, it will be very crowded in Tokyo.

https://www.vercalendario.info/en/event/japan-holidays-year-calendar-2018.html