rtsayles's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

California Best Beaches?

Hello Local Guides,

I will be traveling over to the Los Angeles area in August.  I am looking to soak some sun rays?  What's a good beach in the area?  I'll await your response. 

Happy Guiding,

Robby

Robby Sayles
Los Angeles, CA, United States
12 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: California Best Beaches?

@rtsayles,

This is a great question, with great debate on.  It depends on what you are looking for in California Beach? The more south you go, the warmer the water.  If you are looking for activities and people watching: Venice Beach or Santa Monica Beach/Pier or fun places to hang out. Both are used in lots movies and TV shows. 

If you are looking for a pretty beach, I like La Jolla Beach, Laguna Beach, Coronado Beach (close to San Diego). I also like Santa Barbara's beach too because the area is just gorgeous! Walking distance to downtown area. These beach towns are on more on the pricey side.

To give you an idea of Southern California beaches, here's a great link from Travel Channel to keep handy.

If you want to catch some rays and try surfing, here is a link from Wavehuggers.com. Many of the beaches I already mention above are great surfing beaches, where you can either watch or try to surf yourself.

If you have further questions, please feel free to ask. I know there are many Local Guides from the LA area who can point out their favorite beaches.

Thanks @HelloSamsonR for tagging me! 

Cheers,

Karen

View solution in original post

Level 10

Hi @rtsayles Let me help call on the Local Guides from That area to give you tips on the best beaches to visit. Hello @KarenVChin you might want to help on this 🙂

Connect Moderator
Solution

@rtsayles,

This is a great question, with great debate on.  It depends on what you are looking for in California Beach? The more south you go, the warmer the water.  If you are looking for activities and people watching: Venice Beach or Santa Monica Beach/Pier or fun places to hang out. Both are used in lots movies and TV shows. 

If you are looking for a pretty beach, I like La Jolla Beach, Laguna Beach, Coronado Beach (close to San Diego). I also like Santa Barbara's beach too because the area is just gorgeous! Walking distance to downtown area. These beach towns are on more on the pricey side.

To give you an idea of Southern California beaches, here's a great link from Travel Channel to keep handy.

If you want to catch some rays and try surfing, here is a link from Wavehuggers.com. Many of the beaches I already mention above are great surfing beaches, where you can either watch or try to surf yourself.

If you have further questions, please feel free to ask. I know there are many Local Guides from the LA area who can point out their favorite beaches.

Thanks @HelloSamsonR for tagging me! 

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

Hey @rtsayles

Please check this

Top 10 Beaches in California.

http://www.travelchannel.com/interests/beaches/articles/top-10-southern-california-beaches

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

Thanks @NareshDarji @KarenVChin @HelloSamsonR.  You guy's rock and awesome!  I'll read up on the information, appreciate the response back.  Happy Wednesday (smiles)!

Robby

Robby Sayles
Level 10

You are welcome @rtsayles 😊

Level 8

@rtsayles as you saw from Karen (sorry Karen, LGC won't let me tag you), there are a ton of beach of Los Angeles county. They are all very different, so you may want to try out more than one if you have the time.

If you're looking for detailed, hands on beach feedback, happy to share some with you here. I have my preference, however they've all got their strengths and weaknesses. 🙂 There are also several beaches overlooked by Travel Channels/tourists/etc. for various reasons, and because of this a lot of locals will frequent those beaches instead of the globally known beaches (such as Venice Beach). 

If you have preferences, share and I can provide some data!

Level 8

Thank you sir @JR_Curley

Robby Sayles
Connect Moderator

No worries @JR_Curley. I had a hard time finding your name too after the new Connect naming convention.  @rtsayles, JR is your So Cal guy when it comes to So Cal beaches. He loves the Pacific Ocean!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

Hey @KarenVChin@JR_Curley, Thanks for the awesome advice. The crew is looking at Laguna Beach? But still discussing...........

Robby Sayles