cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[CAUTION] Season of SUNSTROKE in North INDIA

Prevention is better than cure.

Hello Co-Local Guides,

It's our moral responsibility to make aware public about natural conditions and bad weather information.

Heatstroke (Sunstroke) and hot summer season is running in North India (except J&K). Although the temperature is around 43°C and has not reached to its high peak. But hot wind in atmosphere would be very dangerous for health. It may cause thermic fever, unconsciousness etc. due the failure of the body's temperature-regulating mechanism when exposed to excessively high temperatures.

One can not avoid traveling outside for urgent works, but prevention from heatstroke is in own hand. 

What is Sunstroke ? 

Sunstroke is illness caused by heat produced due to sun rays that results in a body temperature greater than 40 °C (104 °F).

Picture below depicts the scenario of daytime during May & June months in North India and similar tropical countries. everyone has to cover body fully with cloths. Goggles are used for the protection of eyes.

for example, some college girls trying to prevent themselves from direct sunlight and hot air (heatstroke). Picture source: lifeclub.infor example, some college girls trying to prevent themselves from direct sunlight and hot air (heatstroke). Picture source: lifeclub.in

Symptoms of Sunstroke

• Throbbing headache, Dehydration, Dizziness and light-headache.
  • Lack of sweating despite the heat. Drowsiness.
  • Red, hot, and dry skin.
  • Muscle weakness, cramps.
  • Nausea and vomiting.
  • Rapid heartbeat, which may be either strong or weak.
  • Rapid, shallow breathing.Picture source: 123rf.comPicture source: 123rf.com

Proposed prevention 

1. Drink plenty of water, especially when exercising. But water should not be too cold; otherwise throat pain will occur.
  2. Take cool baths or showers whenever possible.
  3. Do not let your skin be in contact with direct sunlight. Wear light-colored, loose clothing and cover your body fully
  4. Sprinkle water over skin or clothes.
  5. Avoid the sun between 11am and 3pm.
  6. avoid excess alcohol.
  7. avoid extreme exercise.
  8. If travelling, keep water bottles with you always.

Most people know already about this. But still we need to share it as much as we can. Being Local Guides, we should guide people for every aspects.  

What are your views about this ? What are the weather conditions at your place  ? Please share.

STAY SAFE & HAPPY GUIDING.

Prevention is better than cure.

India
11 comments
Level 9

Re: [CAUTION] Season of SUNSTROKE in North INDIA

Hey @Prdeep,

Thank you for sharing. It was 43 here in Muzaffarnagar. In next 2 days it'll be 44.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Former Google Contributor

Hello @Prdeep,

Thanks for sharing these tips with the community. Its very important that people know how to protect themselves and prevent Heat Strokes.

If you have used other sources of information for this article and you forgot to mention them I would like to ask you to please mention them.

Please note that I have moved your topic to the Travel and Advise board.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

Hi @GeorgesHR ,

Thanks a lot for guiding and reminding me to mention other source. I have used pictures from other source and I have mentioned them now.

I did little change in the post.

Rest all is my own now. 🙂

Thanks again.

Level 8

@GeorgesHR Sorry to tag you again.

Hot summer will disturb for coming 5 months. So it is the right time to add Question on map for free drinking water for tropical countries. Please have a look at the linked post.

Level 5

Hey @Prdeep

I agree with you it is very important that people are informed about such dangers

In my country, it's the exact opposite of North India. Here in Kenya it is raining everyday sometimes causing floods lasting several days.

Source: www.biznakenya.comSource: www.biznakenya.comSource: www.nation.co.keSource: www.nation.co.ke

It is also the coldest period of the year even though there are hours during the day where we have adequate sunlight.

Some roads especially in rural Kenya have been rendered completely impassable and this has affected schools and businesses.

But the government is handling the situation and has allocated disaster management funds.

You might find this to be interesting, there was a big land separation along a section of the road from Nairobi to Narok in South-west Kenya. This happened during raining this season.

Source: tradcatknight.blogspot.comSource: tradcatknight.blogspot.com

Connect Moderator

Buenas recomendaciones @i3be, quizás 🤔 los sistemas que drenan el agua, tendrían que ser ampliados, para permitir que las lluvias 💦 no colapsen las calles de la ciudad, gracias por compartir 🙂👍

Saludos Farid

👇

For the case that has difficulty, in reading my answer, in the upper right part of the screen, in the drop-down menu of languages, you can select the language, in which you want to read the post.

Level 6

A good warning about the dangers of the summer heat @Prdeep I hope the monsoon season brings a little relief when it arrives.

Level 6

I hope no one is getting hurt during these bad floods you are having @i3be Will the rains last long in Kenya? 

Level 5

@James8Arthur

At the moment, I'm not quite sure but usually they would last a few months, may be 3-5 months.