BrynnS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Attention Foodies! what is the best dish you have eaten? where? why? & a picture (if you have)

What is the best dish you have ever eaten?

Around the World, there is a wide variety of culinary palates and I want to know, what is you favorite dish? why is it your favorite dish? which components make it special? where in the world can I get this dish (restaurant, street, someone's grandma's home, pop up stand, need to hunt it myself, etc)?

If you have a picture share it too so we can get the visual of your favorite dish

Yum!

Bon Appetite

16 comments
Googler

Re: Attention Foodies! what is the best dish you have eaten? where? why? & a picture (if you hav

Oooh, tough call, @BrynnS!!

This isn't exactly my favorite dish, but it's something I just had this weekend and keep telling every person I can about it: it's a CHEESECAKE DONUT from Moe's Doughs in Brooklyn, New York. 

Behold, the cheesecake donut!Behold, the cheesecake donut!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Former Google Contributor

Re: Attention Foodies! what is the best dish you have eaten? where? why? & a picture (if you hav

Great idea!

So hard to choose one favourite, but I LOVED this sambal chicken & papaya salad from Granger & Co in Kings Cross recently. Highly recommend. Check out the menu here.

IMG_9784.JPG

Enjoy!

Googler

This is an easy one for me @BrynnS the soup dumplings from Thai Sliders in NYC! 

Reason: I am obsessed with dumplings.

.Steamed pork dumplingsSteamed pork dumplings

My friend and I splurged one night and went to Dinner by Heston, which is a restaurant in London (they also have one in Melbourne) that has two Michelin stars and was ranked fifth on the list of the world's best restaurants in 2014. There are two dishes that I had there that are at the top of my list. One was the "Savoury Porridge", which consisted of frog's legs (yes! and they were delicious!), girolles, garlic, parsley & fennel. The second was their "Meat Fruit", which is chicken liver parfait that they shape to appear like a mandarin orange. I like to try things at restaurants that I'd never cook on my own, so these two were perfect and greatly exceeded my expectations.

Savoury Porridge — Frog's legs, girolles, garlic, parsley & fennelSavoury Porridge — Frog's legs, girolles, garlic, parsley & fennel

Meat Fruit — Mandarin, chicken liver parfait & grilled breadMeat Fruit — Mandarin, chicken liver parfait & grilled bread

Meat Fruit — Mandarin, chicken liver parfait & grilled breadMeat Fruit — Mandarin, chicken liver parfait & grilled bread

Level 3

My most favorite dish would have to be the Country Steak & Gravy, with Mashed Potatoes and Macaroni & Cheese from The S&S Cafeteria in Knoxville, Tennessee. I go there all the time!

I always tell people about the Kyoto Crunchy Sloppy Joe at Mira Sushi and Izakaya in New York. They pile Kurobuta ground pork, sour mustard, and cheddar cheese on a Hawaiian bun. It is so good but was also one of the most unique and surprising combos I've had. I used to go there everytime I came to NYC after @MegS took me there. Now I live here and its still delicious 🙂 

Level 6

SO hard to choose one, @BrynnS, but most recently, I'd say the Pasta + Pomodoro² from Mulino A Vino in NYC.

It may seem simple, but I can't think of a more flavorful pasta I've ever eaten.They actually cook the pasta inside of an heirloom tomato, and serve it over a bowl made out of Grana Padano cheese.

Pasta + Pomodoro at Mulino A VinoPasta + Pomodoro at Mulino A Vino

The restaurant itself was interesting as well, in that you choose your wine first, and the servers then give suggestions on what foods you should try, rather than the other way around. They serve dishes in small, medium & large sizes as well, so it's perfect for sharing or tasting multiple items (which I definitely did). Highly recommend. 

Level 8

Hi,

Best Food this summer: Fried shrimps and french fries at Nathan's Famous in Coney Island

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Nathan's+Famous/@40.5752813,-73.9836491,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!...

Nathan's Famous, Coney Island NY, Fried ShrimpsNathan's Famous, Coney Island NY, Fried Shrimps

Well this is fun, @BrynnS!  Definitely making me hungry after seeing all these delicious food pics.  It's a tough call for me..  I'm listing 3 of my favorites below.  One thing I particularly love about Italy is that each region has it's own cuisine.  For example, you cannot find "tajarin al burro" in Rome, only in Piemonte and that is one of the reasons each is so special.  

Good old fashioned ice cream sundae from Peter Luger's in NYCGood old fashioned ice cream sundae from Peter Luger's in NYCTajarin pasta al burro (with butter) and seasonal white truffles from Piemonte, Italy.Tajarin pasta al burro (with butter) and seasonal white truffles from Piemonte, Italy.Pizza al Taglio (by the slice) from Gabriele Bonci's "Pizzarium" restaurant in Rome (he's pretty much the Michelangelo of Pizza Romana).  Each day the toppings change depending on what's fresh. Here there's a spicy tomato, broccoli and mortadellaPizza al Taglio (by the slice) from Gabriele Bonci's "Pizzarium" restaurant in Rome (he's pretty much the Michelangelo of Pizza Romana). Each day the toppings change depending on what's fresh. Here there's a spicy tomato, broccoli and mortadella