deepakjhic's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

An unexpected visit to Shimla

In the end, that day came when I had to leave for Shimla. I had to catch the bus from ISBT Delhi in the night at 10:30pm. When I visited there found my bus was ready to leave. I was super excited for this trip because this was my first trip. In the night when we left from Delhi, I could sleep only till Chandigarh. As soon as we entered Himachal Pradesh, everyone woke up because the driver was driving very fast. All trench were very deep and our bus was moving very fast. After that nobody found sleep because all were scared. Everything was completely planned in this journey but when I reached to Shimla, I came to know that my plan was failed. 

Finally the day(23.12.2k17) comes and we reached to Shimla. There are lots of buses from ISBT SHiMLA to Old Bus Stand but I thought It will be better to walk. Owh my God! In shimla 1km= 2km. I started my trip from Shimla Kali Bari temple. Here are the spots where I visited in that trip.

1. Shimla Kali Bari temple.
  2. Scandal Point
  3. Ridge, The mall Shimla
  4. The Ridge
  5. Hawa Ghar 
  6. Christ Church Shimla
  7. Jakhu Temple
  8. Naldehra Golf Course
  9. Naldehra Picnic Spot
  10. Bhima Kali Mandir

On Saturday I went to the first 7 places and on the rest in the Sunday. The best thing for me was that I had my 360 supporting phone. I took almost 30 panoramas in Shimla and became a Trusted Photographer. When I was sitting on the old bus stand, I did not want to go anywhere, because the weather was very good but I've to move. Finally after 1 hr I started my journey in Shimla. I know I'm not a good photographer as per photos shared by me on map during this trip, but I'll learn more from the @PaulPavlinovich's next worldwide meetup. At home I was thinking I'll explore Shimla city in a day but after visiting there everything changed. All the paths were very high & down. I was quite tired up to the Kali Bari temple but I was moving forward with the thinking that I am a local guide. After about 30 minutes in the Kali Bari temple, I had to leave for Mall road. About 20 minutes I reached there for which I went to Shimla (The mall road). I was super excited about this road and all the famous things on it. After taking rest in front of City point I reached to my 2nd spot(Scandal point). It was the second most crowded place in Shimla after The Ridge. On the scandal point I stopped for 20 minutes and after that I was on the ridge. More than this, I do not see crowd anywhere in Shimla. I was very hungry so I ate a bit and after Christ Church I went straight to the Jakhu temple. I was very happy to come here. I stayed here for a long time and after that I called in my hotel and asked where do I get the bus to hotel? So I came to know that I can get bus from Auckland bus stand. Then I reached the hotel and started planning next day. The next day I had to go to one place only, but when I went there I was very sad to hear that this is not a tourist place(it was in my trip list as per info available on web). Suddenly I saw everyone are going to the picnic spot. I enjoyed a lot in picnic spot. Suddenly my mom call me when I was returning to home and ask about me. On 25th Dec I returned home from a very beautiful trip.

Here are some pics from trip.

View from Mall RoadView from Mall RoadView Of Lakkar BazarView Of Lakkar BazarSchool On lakkar Bazar RoadSchool On lakkar Bazar Road 

Shimla Photo Album

Thank you so much for reading.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India
32 comments
Level 9

Re: An unexpected visit to Shimla

Very nice story bro @deepakjhic 🙂

Waiting your Photos  and videos 😁😀👍👌🎉

Level 10

This is why people say 'time matters'. This time was for you to be in Shimla @deepakjhic. I expect much more from you there.

I have visited Shimala in the movie 'three idiots'. Was beautifully captured in the camera lens.

Connect Moderator

Nice travel story @deepakjhic

Please share some beautiful pictures with us.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @deepakjhic - Thank you for sharing your story. I'm used to seeing your help comments sprinkled across Connect but not a personal story.  Please feel free to share any of the content you recorded while on your trip!

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 9

OSAMA wrote:

Very nice story bro @deepakjhic 🙂

Waiting your Photos  and videos 😁😀👍👌🎉

@OSAMA- Thank you so much bro.

Level 9

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

This is why people say 'time matters'. This time was for you to be in Shimla @deepakjhic. I expect much more from you there.

I have visited Shimala in the movie 'three idiots'. Was beautifully captured in the camera lens.

Were you in 3 Idiots ? @BishowvijayaP

Level 9

So sorry for late. Due to busy schedule I was unable to upload them on photos. Getting all things

@NareshDarji

@NareshDarji wrote:

Nice travel story @deepakjhic

Please share some beautiful pictures with us.

Ok bro

Level 9

@BruceDM wrote:

Hi @deepakjhic - Thank you for sharing your story. I'm used to seeing your help comments sprinkled across Connect but not a personal story.  Please feel free to share any of the content you recorded while on your trip!

Thank you for your kind words @BruceDM. I'll share a direct link to all photos after few hrs. Currently learning more about photos.google.com .

Connect Moderator

That trip sounds like it was quite an experience @deepakjhic I enjoyed your photos. Shimla is colourful and very clean. Glad to see your hotel looked nice too. Bus drivers can be scary, on an interstate trip once I woke up with a start and realised the bus had strayed right off the road and was driving in the grass. The driver was falling asleep.