olena_po's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Advice for travel to Ukraine

Hi everyone,

My name is Olena and came from Ukraine. More as one year I am the local guide and my current level is 6, what allows me to apply this year to the event “Connect Live”. Now I’m living in Berlin and regular a few times in a year I fly to Ukraine.
In this topic, I would like to tell you why Ukraine is a good place for travel and I’ll give a couple of advice like great locations you may visit and some Ukrainian words which sometimes can help you if you ask people in age 40+ to find right way or which bus you should use.

From Berlin, you can achieve Lviv using Wizzair (really cheap prices). From Wroclaw (Poland) there are also 2 routes with a good price to Lviv and Kyiv (capital city). This Autumn also starts to fly in Ukraine Ryanair. From Stockholm, Barcelona, and Dusseldorf you also can use low-cost airlines.

I recommend to visit next cities:
Kyiv – the biggest city in Ukraine. From here there are many trains to other cities, which located on South, East or West of the country. If you look at railway the schedule https://booking.uz.gov.ua/en/ and time in trip takes more as 9 hours (it’s really important for night trains), - don’t worry about this. Usually, you can sleep on the bunk bed in ukrainian train. Just select your booking with letter “C”, I choose this option because it combines a good level of price-comfort.
Odessa – the city is located on the Black Sea. Such a beautiful place for the summer weekend or vacation. Young people will be fall in love with great beaches and night-clubs. The city center is rich in different types of architecture and you can taste many dishes with fish and seafood. Actually, Odessa will enchant everyone. For booking hotel or apartments please use booking.com or airbnb.com – it most safety.
Kharkiv – I was born here. This place is special for me. I was during last two years in many countries, but only here my heart beats faster and I really feel that I’m home. You can enjoy beautiful buildings in city center, visited Gorky Park and go for a walk near a riverside Lopan’.
Lviv – the famous city was founded Danilo Galitskiy, has great and at this time complicated history. Many tourists from Poland visit Lviv every year. Also in the west part of country located mountain Karpaty. From Lviv, you can reach many trasses for snowboard and skiing training in the winter time.
Chernovci, Vinnica, Ivano-Frankivsk - each has individual charm and history. 
And a couple of ukrainian words: 

Pereproshuyu - Excuse me/Pardon

Dyakuyu - Thanks

Yak znayty ... ? - how can I find "some place"?

Pryvit - Hello

Ty taka harna - You are so beautiful (if you want to say to the woman)

Come to Ukraine and try our national dishes! (Please instead of Ukrainian beer choose mineral water Mirgorodskaya and drink named "Kvas". It is much better and healthier!
Cheers

Ukraine
2 comments
Level 6

Re: Advice for travel to Ukraine

From Berlin, you can achieve Lviv using Wizzair (really cheap prices). From Wroclaw (Poland) there are also 2 routes with a good price to Lviv and Kyiv (capital city). This Autumn also starts to fly in Ukraine Ryanair. From Stockholm, Barcelona, and Dusseldorf you also can use low-cost airlines.

Come to Ukraine and try our national dishes! (Please instead of Ukrainian beer choose mineral water Mirgorodskaya and drink named "Kvas". It is much better and healthier!
Cheers

From Berlin directly to Kyiv you can take also Wizz air, Lufthansa and UIA (ukrainian national carrier), and  Ryanair soon. Lot operates via stop in Warsaw.

Why tourists cannot drink our wine, beer or vodka? Simply choose the best one! For example for beer is Опілля [Opilla] and Микулинецьке [Mykulynetske]...

Good rewiew Olena! Welcome to Ukraine!

Level 10