Orkideh1984's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Advice about Georgia Tbilisi

I have plans in 2-3 years visiting Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia for the first time and I had never been to Caucasus country Before. As much as I've read a lot about Georgia, I still need some advice. When you are foreinger and visit Georgia, is there something I should think about that sometimes travel guides hasn't wrote anything. 

Also if you were a tourist guide, where would you recommend me to visit? And if you are vegetarian, is there any option for those who doesn't eat meat and dairy? Thanks for advance! 

Tbilisi, Georgia
1 comment
Level 8

Re: Advice about Georgia Tbilisi

Hello from Tbilisi. 

If you have safety/security concerns, don't worry. Georgia and especially Tbilisi are quite safe. However I should mention that some people are very conservative and we've had some incidents of queer people (mostly transgender) being attacked in the streets. You will not have problem of finding people, who speaks English in the capital and in bigger cities. Most of young people speak English. People are quite hospitable here, they are usually happy to help tourists with anything. As for food, well, Georgian cuisine, most of the traditional dishes do include meat, however there are some great vegan places you could visit, like Kiwi cafe. Even traditional restaurants have vegetarian options, so it will not be a problem (I would recommend to try eggplants with walnuts and pomegranate, also Khachapuri - adjaruli or megruli).

As for the places to visit, hmm.. It depends what you like? If you love hiking and mountains then you should go To Borjomi national park, or Kazbegi, if you are also interested to explore unique culture and traditions in mountains then definitely go to Svaneti, like Ushguli or Mestia. If you love sea then you can go to Batumi. The old town is beautiful but I hate the new constructions in the city to be honest. It is better to visit Batumi in spring or fall. If you love wine then head to Kakheti to taste great Georgian wine. Other places you could go: Martvili, Sataplia, Vardzia, Racha

Hope it is helpful

Instagram: mariam.nikuradze