YusuphaFatajo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

A visit to the smiling coast of Africa,The Gambia.

The Gambia is one of the smallest countries in mainland West Africa. It has a population of about 1.2 m people. The country gained its independence from Britain in 1965. English is the official language. The Gambia has a rich diverse culture and very famous for western tourists like those from UK, Scandinavia, Holland etc. The biodiversity is superb and houses 540 different species of birds which makes the country popular for bird watching. Its the land of the famous slave, Kunta Kinteh who was captured and transported to America during the Transatlantic slave trade. The tourist season in The Gambia starts from October to April, in which tourists come in large numbers. The other months are low season. The climate is tropical its usually warm the whole year with beautiful beaches.Kachikally Croc PoolKachikally Croc Poolkatchikally-crocodile.jpg

The Gambia
13 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: A visit to the smiling coast of Africa,The Gambia.

Hello  @YusuphaFatajo

Welcome to Local Guides and our Connect community forum. We are happy to have you here. Did you take this incredible photo with the crocodile? If not, please can you quote the source/give credit to the author? You might not know but it is not allowed to post images or any other content in the forum that infringes on anyone else’s legal rights, including copyright. 

For further information, please review Local Guides rules  and copyright procedures

Many thanks.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 8

I had a tour to Kachikally Crocodile Pool back in April this year with my friend. I snap him the picture with the croc. Thank you for your concern. Hoping to hearing from you very soon.

Former Google Contributor

My congratulation for your picture @YusuphaFatajo - very powerful!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 7

How is the current economic climate in Africa currently? ?

Level 8

It is very promising in Africa especially in the tourism and real estate sector.  Foreign investors are investing huge in Africa and my country, The Gambia is no exception.

Level 7

How is the hip hop music and culture scene in Africa? 

Level 2

The music scene in the Gambia is good.  The hip hop scene is growing with the youth and the reggae scene is quite large especially the home grown reggae talent with regular national and international concerts at the Independence Stadium in Bakau. 

The culture scene is ongoing strong there are many cultural festivals throughout the year, Kartong Festival - (February) ; Sanyang Festival (January); Bob Marley Day Sanyang (May); International Roots Festival Albreda & Juffureh (May); Reggae Festival Medina Salam (November); Bureng (Koosee) Cultural Festival (March); to name but a few.

Dancers 1.jpgJuffureh 2.jpgJuffureh Meeting.jpg

Level 7

How much would it cost for me to live there for a year my brother? ?

Level 8

Depending on the duration of your stay which you indicated one year, apartment, food, medicare and transport could cost you like $ 4000-5000 when you are careful of your spending. Comapared to other African countries, The Gambia is very cheap to live and the food too is cheap including local transport.