DibyayanC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

A Visit to Pakur, Jharkhand, India - A Peaceful Place

Pakur is a small town in the state of Jharkhand, India. A pollution free peaceful place. Carries its own culture and historical value. The origin of 1855's Santhal Rebellion.

Visited last week of October and here are some of the popular visiting places in Pakur...

1. Nityakali Mandir - A more than 200 years old Goddess Kali temple. The most popular temple in Pakur.

1.JPG

2. Singbahini Mandir - Temple of Goddess Durga.

2.JPG

3. Pakur Rajbari - The palace where the King of Pakur used to stay. Now king's descendants stay there. A heritage building.

3.JPG

4. Rani Jyotirmayee Girls High School - The first ever girls' school in the whole state of Jharkhand. The queen of Pakur, Queen Jyotirmayee supported women's education and she built the school.

4.JPG

5. Samshan Kali Mandir - The oldest, largest and the most popular Goddess Kali in the whole state of Jharkhand. Every year at the time of Kali Puja (worshiping of Goddess Kali), the Samshan Kali idol is built and worshiped here. Thousands of people from almost every part of Jharkhand come to witness the Puja every year.

5.JPG

6.JPG

6. Sido Kanhu Murmu Park - Memorial park of Sido and Kanhu who were the leaders of Santhal Rebellion. A green park with some children rides.

Main GateMain Gate7.JPG9.JPG10.JPGStatues of Sido and KanhuStatues of Sido and Kanhu

Pakur, Jharkhand, India
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: A Visit to Pakur, Jharkhand, India - A Peaceful Place

Thanks for sharing with us @DibyayanC

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

@NareshDarji WELCOME...!!!

Level 7

Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing.

Level 9

Very nice description and i m sure more people will visit jharkhand. 

Will share it to my connections too. 

Vikash kumar
Level 10

Hi @DibyayanC 

Thank you for sharing the notes and photo around Pakur.

BHASI BAHULEYAN
Level 10

@bhasibahuleyan You are welcome!!!

Level 6

Pakur looks really nice @DibyayanC, I have not been to Jharkhand yet, but may do so one day. Thank you for sharing your photos & info.