Level 9

Re: A Local’s Guide to Sydney’s Northern Beaches

@Justine2807 what you write is :

Great Post Inside a Great Post

👍🏼😊🙏🙌🙏

Thank you so much for writing and sharing this wonderful Photos 👍👌👍 😊

Level 8

Hi @Justine2807 I love your photo which community are you from? I run the Perth Local Guides Community, I am the group moderator there your welcome to join. 

Kind regards 

@DavidTito

@Justine wrote:

Thank you @GillianC for sharing all these great pictures and excellent reviews plus fantastic stories of dolphins and community contributions too. 

Image of Freshwater Beach from above the ocean poolImage of Freshwater Beach from above the ocean pool

Image of the walk between Turimetta and WarriewoodImage of the walk between Turimetta and Warriewood 

Image of the trampoline at Newport BeachImage of the trampoline at Newport Beach 

Image of the view from Barrenjoey Lighthouse, Palm BeachImage of the view from Barrenjoey Lighthouse, Palm Beach

In answer to your question: Yes visited and live by the beaches. This is an awesome rundown of my home base beaches. Thank you @GillianC  i know just a couple of extraordinary  a treats in Cooks Terrace and the Basin beach at Mona  Vale. That's to have a meet up here soon @Briggs 

Thanks again Gillian For an excellent well written, interesting, descriptive coverage of every one Sydney's gorgeous glorious Northern Beaches.

Dee Why Beach from The Beach hut cafe.Dee Why Beach from The Beach hut cafe.

Dee Why Beach from The Beach shed coffee shop and cafe.

The Dee Why Beach hut (originally a boat shed, now converted into a wonderful cafe with super views) is a delicious place to catch a quick flavourful coffee and scrumptious food too.
Really cool how Gillian talks of the amazing beauty and unique features of every one. Along with a wonderful review of all the delightful cafes and places to eat as well. Kudos.IMG_20150913_141637-ANIMATION.gif

Long Reef headland

There are so many wonderful unique features to every beach on Sydney's Northern beaches. The walk from Dee Why along the beach to Long Reef is a magical wonder in paradise. Long Reef beach is backed onto Long Reef Golf course that leads to a Nature reserve as the Long Reef headland that is a very popular kites activity area with outstanding views up and down the coast.Dee Why Beach, Sydney AustraliaDee Why Beach, Sydney Australia

I grew up in a place originally known as D.Y. west, now called Cromer. With fun morning runs with my brothers and sisters and our Dad from Dee Why to Long Reef daily. Dee Why and Long Reef beachDee Why and Long Reef beach

We spent every Saturday in the ocean pool at D.Y. swimming club racing against wonderful swimmers like Australian Olympian Lisa Forest. (Lol..I beat her once, she was ill with a flu and I had like a 50 second headstart, and still only just touched the wall ahead of her, she is a great person, very kind and we laughed at the fact even when she was ill she still slices the water and was a pleasure to watch gliding in every stroke.)

Collaroy beach is another fabulous family beach with top quality children's play area fully fenced plus a huge Park area for ball games as well. As @GillianC said it leads on along a long beach that includes South Narrabeen beach , Narrabeen beach and ends at North Narrabeen beach (Where my family were raised in Surf Life saving. North NarrabeenNorth Narrabeen

Little Narrabeen - TurimettaLittle Narrabeen - Turimetta

North Narrabeen Ocean poolNorth Narrabeen Ocean pool

Most families lucky enough to live on the beaches North and South of Sydney we connected with many locals from all Sydney beach areas. I was a Nippers manager for over 15 years then age managers coordinator then assisting with the IRB (Inflatable rubber boats) too. My daughter did volunteer patrols and it is all also attributed with awards from Pittwater High School in her higher school certificate for extra curricular activities due to the surf life saving. We are very lucky to live here and be able to contribute too.

Little Narrabeen is Turimetta beachLittle Narrabeen is Turimetta beach

PANO_20160917_135949~2-ANIMATION.gif

Turimetta 

I agree with you *Turimetta" or as us locals call it 'Little Narrabeen" is a well hidden unpatrolled treasure that is a must visit for all to love. I adore Bungan and Bilgola too as gorgeous beaches I would recommend to all as every single beach on Sydney's Northern coast are all spectacular and have their own special magnificence to be discovered.Music on the beach at the Deck D.Y.Music on the beach at the Deck D.Y.

The Deck, Dee Why Beach, SydneyThe Deck, Dee Why Beach, Sydney

The Deck Dee Why Beach popular beach bar and dining, sensational for events.

Dee Why Beach is great for families as Gillian suggests with closed in play areas at each end and terrific B.B.Q access with tables. Also fresh fish ‘n chips plus many outstanding dining restaurants, food and alcohol bars like The Deck and cafes line the beach.

Cooks terrace beach is another unpatrolled beach on the southern end of Mona Vale beach and the little bay called Basin Beach that is part of the beach right beside Mona Vale beach at the northern end is another hidden delight.Cooks Terrace and Mona Vale beachCooks Terrace and Mona Vale beach

As Gillian said Manly is a great beach area.  South Steyne people often think of as Manly beach, however it is South, and North Steyne beaches with surfing excellence and history. Plus Queenscliff in all its previous pleasures at the end. The actual Manly beach is the beach that the ferries come into with a shark-net and magical views of the harbour plus a fun for all waterslide and Manly Marine Aquarium Sea Life Sanctuary at one end. A stroll past Manly Wharf along the Cabbage tree bay, past Manly theatre and 4 Pines bar to the Manly 16ft Skiff Club.

Every beach from Manly to Palm Beach (as Gillian very aptly described) are all so spectacular with golden sand and clear clean water. We are so lucky to live here and be able to share our experiences through Google Local Guides on Local Guides Connect and help with reviews pictures and mapping updates on Google Maps. Here are some pictures of some of the Northern beaches from an album I created on Google Photos on all shared on Google Maps. 

https://goo.gl/photos/gaPRXwQohpnkuFc96

Level 10

Hi @DavidTito 

Thank you for your kind response. Google Photos and a magnificent landscape makes for the top photos. It is great to meet you. You are from a most beautiful part of the world. I have some cousins in W.A. My Mums twin sister lived in Margaret river, it is just breathtaking over there. I definitely would love to travel to see more of the wild, wild west! Thanks for inviting me to your community, it is my pleasure to join you all, I am in Sydney Local Guides community. Hope to see you there too. 

Kind regards

@Justine2807

Sydney Local Guides Photowalk

Sydney Shines!Sydney Shines!

Level 9

Thank you very much for Sharing more. 

Level 7

Wow - thanks for all the additional local insights and tips @Justine2807. Can definitely pick a local! 🙂 

Former Google Contributor

Better than any guide book!

Level 10

It is my pleasure @GillianC Your original report of all the beaches is superb! Thanks again to you too. It would be great to connect on G+ as well:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JustineOBRIENJust4Cash4You

https://plus.google.com/u/2/+JustineOBrienJust4Cash

https://plus.google.com/u/1/+JustineOBrien1

Shine on sweetness. Cheers! 

Level 8

@Justine2807 Great column of photos very well set and I agree with @OSAMA its great post inside a post 

@Justine wrote:

It is my pleasure @GillianC Your original report of all the beaches is superb! Thanks again to you too. It would be great to connect on G+ as well:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JustineOBRIENJust4Cash4You

https://plus.google.com/u/2/+JustineOBrienJust4Cash

https://plus.google.com/u/1/+JustineOBrien1

Shine on sweetness. Cheers! 

Level 8

@Justine2807 how did you get your animation so big everyone is restricted to less than 48 pixels

@Justine wrote:

Hi @DavidTito 

Thank you for your kind response. Google Photos and a magnificent landscape makes for the top photos. It is great to meet you. You are from a most beautiful part of the world. I have some cousins in W.A. My Mums twin sister lived in Margaret river, it is just breathtaking over there. I definitely would love to travel to see more of the wild, wild west! Thanks for inviting me to your community, it is my pleasure to join you all, I am in Sydney Local Guides community. Hope to see you there too. 

Kind regards

@Justine2807

Sydney Local Guides Photowalk

Sydney Shines!Sydney Shines!

Level 10

Hi @DavidTito

I just entered it and sized it for display. Where did you see 48 pixels restriction? 

With kind regards

@Justine2807