RijbiD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

9 days trip to Dominican Replublic

Hi everyone, this is my first ever post as a local guide. Speaking of Dominican republic, it is just beautiful and mesmerizing. I had a week long holiday depression after I was back. 

Firstly, we started with Zona Colonial, which lies in the capital of DR (Santa Domingo). it is very crowded and polluted and nothing much to do here. I think a day is more than enough to roam around zona colonial, that's where we stayed. Zona colonial was very relaxed and touristy. 

we then moved to Boca chica, which has a beautiful beach and is popular with tourists. This place is full of restaurants and bars. i would recommend this place for a day too.After Boca Chica, we then headed to Isla Saona. this was one of the biggest highlights of the trip. This Island was beautiful and our hotel was right infront of the beach which was basically untouched. we got live in a village with lovely people.

cons 

It's hard to find someone who speaks English. you have to have your Spanish game on.

mosquitoes everywhere.

no variety of food

Pros 

welcoming people 

beautiful beaches

Dominican Republic
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 3
Solution

Re: 9 days trip to Dominican Replublic

Thanks for the trip summary, @RijbiD! Seems like you had a really awesome time -- any photos to share? 🙂 

Also, since you're new here, please take the time to introduce yourself to the community and meet other new members like yourself. Check out this post for tips on searching, posting and interacting with the community to make your experience here on Connect much more enjoyable and easier to navigate.

Have fun! 

View solution in original post

Level 3
Solution

Thanks for the trip summary, @RijbiD! Seems like you had a really awesome time -- any photos to share? 🙂 

Also, since you're new here, please take the time to introduce yourself to the community and meet other new members like yourself. Check out this post for tips on searching, posting and interacting with the community to make your experience here on Connect much more enjoyable and easier to navigate.

Have fun! 

Level 7

hi paolo, I have a youtube video 🙂  please check it out here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkVh6S4nywU

Level 8

Thanks my friends dor your visit to our Country D.R.

You will be welcome again!!!.

Best regards.

Level 8

Hey buddy!

I'm glad to know you visited my country 😄

9 days is a good time to enjoy this country if you have in mind what you want to do.

I don't really know what your taste is, however, la Zona Colonial de Santo Domingo, it's a very nice part of the city with different things to do. I don't think a day is good enough (depends on what you want to do): 

-There are museums, ruins, and historical colonial buildings that a lot of people enjoy to see, people who likes that should go with comfy shoes and clothes and during business days and business hours for enjoying it at all. 

-La Zona Colonial is really close to the Caribbean sea, Malecon de Santo Domingo (Pier) and "Güibia", there you can eat or just walk the seashore. 

-That area has a lot of tourist and local visitors.  

-At night, there are at least 10 bars that can be visit, drinks are not as expensive as in USA, in most places you can find beers as cheap as 2 dollars and cocktails for $7-ish 

-There are lots of beaches, the most beautiful, in my opinion, are in the south, southeast area.  "Punta Cana, Bayahibe, Isla Saona, Isla Catalina, Juan Dolio, Guayacanes, San Rafael, Bahía de las Águilas". 

--- 

Regarding the cons: 

Even though there are lots of people that speak English in DR, they are hard to find. In rural places, it's almost impossible to find someone that speaks English or other language, but Spanish. Try to know some Spanish before visiting. 

Yeah, lots of mosquitoes! haha so buy some repellent. 

What do you like to eat? In Santo Domingo city there are Chinese, Italian, Mexican, criollos (Dominican) places to eat. I'd say that there is variety of food! 

I hope you come soon, and enjoy even more your visit! 

Greetings,  

Hector