NinCo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

5 Top Android Apps for Travel Trips

Organizing a travel tips has completely changed the experience both for the guide and for the travellers. Here are the applications that help extend the travel by starting from the preparation, throughout the journey and be ready to track and share on the go, until the ready to publish best moments and memories.

Google Apps 

1. Google Google Maps App shared in private with the group. The guide and organisers have edit permissions, while the rest of the group can view the map.
  2. Google Photos: shared album for collaborating on images and best moment experiences
  3. Google Docs  shared document for discussion about suggestions from the groups and changes on the go.
  4. Google Calendar for the program of the trip, accommodations and events
  5. Google Plus for content control and streaming connectivity both in private and in public. 

Sofia Android CollageSofia Android Collage

The best experience is even more beneficial for the ability to work with Google Apps offline when net connectivity issues occur.

Google Plus 

• With Google Plus you have all the content in control and connected with the group streamingly in private or in public.
  • Group the best moments with Google Plus Collections
  • Share with Communities and across all channels.  

Each app has a search functionality. This makes the choice and decision very fast, so you can publish the best moments in a public Google Collection, share and keep in touch across channels.

Sofia and Daily Trip 

Local guide 0.20c : when you visit  the city capital Sofia, include a daily trip to Koprivshtitsa

#BeKnownForWhatYouCreate
Sofia, Bulgaria
6 comments
Level 10

Re: 5 Top Android Apps for Travel Trips

@NinCo Yes, these apps will help you.

Level 9

Another app suggestion is Google Trips.  It provides suggestions on things to do near by, logs you airline tickets and hotel reservations in the app if confirmation sent to your gmail.

Level 8

@AnuradhaP I'm planning to use Google Translate as well because the group is multilingual. I'm interested to understand how can I record a review on the go, using Google translate and how can I download the recorded audio file. I haven't tested yet. 

#BeKnownForWhatYouCreate
Level 9

I agree with you @NinCo, those apps are very helpful , when I travel I download offline map on Google maps app , and waiting WiFi at hotel to upload my photos on Google Photos , those two are my favorite apps, thanks for sharing 🙂

Level 8

Absolutely these apps are very useful while traveling:) but these all apps we get in iOS also:) @NinCo

Level 8

Is there a special Local Guides App that I misses ?

#BeKnownForWhatYouCreate