LuisRG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

48 Hours in Nairobi with a beautiful map

Nairobi, the vibrant capital of Kenya and also known as "Green City in the Sun" is a place bursting with life. And it has more things to do and see that you may imagine at first glance.

48hrs-nairobi-localguides.jpg

That's why we created this beautiful My Map with the top must-see places recommended by you, by Local Guides, to enjoy 48 hours in the city. If you want the direct link to the map, click here: goo.gl/ZUXFrn. If you click on the star icon, this will save the map to "Your Places" and you'll be able to access the map whenever you want.

And please, if you know Nairobi, please tell us in the comments your favorite places in the city, if not listed on the map, so that we can improve it. After all, your local knowledge is invaluable!

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
35 comments

Re: 48 Hours in Nairobi with a beautiful map

@KoffiK, maybe you can post about this in your Google+ Community?

I know we have plenty of Local Guides in Nairobi because I've seen posts from them! Maybe they can jump in with any other tips 🙂

@KAWA JOHNM @benm @EmaC @WinnieK @IsaiahM @WaweruM

Level 7

Muthaiga Club is members only 😉 Also add Karen Blixen Museum to tourist spots 

Level 7

This is great! 

Thanks @WinnieK 🙂

@WinnieK wrote:

This is great! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 10

Under tourist spots ad KICC helipad ... there's a like 5$ fee but its worth it ...you get to see the whole city right from the centre of it ... its so breath taking

theres also museum https://www.google.com/maps/place/National+Museums+Of+Kenya+Nairobi+National+Museum/@-1.272516,36.81...

@LuisR wrote:

Nairobi, the vibrant capital of Kenya and also known as "Green City in the Sun" is a place bursting with life. And it has more things to do and see that you may imagine at first glance.

That's why we created this beautiful My Map with the top must-see places recommended by you, by Local Guides, to enjoy 48 hours in the city. If you want the direct link to the map, click here: goo.gl/ZUXFrn. If you click on the star icon, this will save the map to "Your Places" and you'll be able to access the map whenever you want.

And please, if you know Nairobi, please tell us in the comments your favorite places in the city, if not listed on the map, so that we can improve it. After all, your local knowledge is invaluable!

Nairobi local Guides Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/581726852313311
https://www.instagram.com/localguideske/
https://twitter.com/localguideske
Level 10

Some of the things you have put on that map are not relevant, below is my list

1.David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust (at a fee)

2.Nairobi National Park (at a fee)

3.Karura Forest (nature walk at a fee)

4.Nairobi National Museum (at a fee)

5.Railway Museum (at a fee)

6.National Archives (at a fee)

7.Nairobi Mamba Village (at a fee)

8.Karen Blixen Coffee Garden and Cottages (at a fee)

9.The Masai market  (free)

10.Kenyatta International Conference Center (Rooftop to see the city from the sky at a fee)

11.Carnivore Gardens (for some Kenyan food)

12.The Village Market (free)

13. United Nations Visitor's Service (at a fee)

14. Movie at imax (at a fee)

15.The Champagne Bar in westlands

16. Sierra Brewery bar

17. The Alchemist 

18. Hemingways bar

19. Champagne & Fishbowls

20. Choice's Pub

Some of this places are charged according to your nationality (Residents,Non Residents and citizens)

Loving this @LuisRG, thanks for sharing! My Maps like this always make a place feel more... approachable? It makes me want to visit Nairobi even more.

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 11.09.58 AM.png

Thanks @WaweruM.

Can you share which places are you mentioning? And why they are not relevant?

Googler

Oh, I need to go to Nairobi! Loving this My Map. 

@KoffiK: Up for visitors if I can get someone to travel with me? (I can't sleep on long flights so I need someone to talk to, haha)

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.