HeyJoe's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

48 Hours in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania w/ Custom MAP

Hello LG`s

Here is the 48 Hours in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania w/ Custom MAP via this link https://goo.gl/cnAv6e List of what to do / visit when you are in my City.

Little introduction of my City. 

Dar es Salaam (from Arabic: دار السلام‎‎ Dār as salām ("the place of peace"), formerly known Mzizima is the largest city of Tanzania and one of the largest cities in eastern Africa by population, as well as a regionally important economic center. Located at the Indian Ocean, the city is one of the fastest growing in the world.

City Centre view from Kariakoo ward during the sunrise.City Centre view from Kariakoo ward during the sunrise.

Founded in 1862 by Sultan Seyyid Majid of Zanzibar on the site of the village of Mzizima. Mzizima's history dates back to the time when the Barawa people started to settle.

Present day Dar es Salaam's origins have been influenced by a myriad of sultans, the Germans and the British. The city started as a fishing village in the mid 19th century, is now Tanzania's largest city, and has become one of East Africas most important ports and trading centers. Dar es Salaam is Tanzania`s financial and political hub despite having lost its status as official capital to DODOMA in 1973.

Dar es salaam ICONIC Monument. The Askari Monument.  A memorial to the askari soldiers who fought in the British Carrier Corps in World War I. It is located at the center of roundabout between Samora Avenue &  Maktaba Street, a place that reportedly also marks the exact center of downtown Dar. It was unveiled in 1927.Dar es salaam ICONIC Monument. The Askari Monument. A memorial to the askari soldiers who fought in the British Carrier Corps in World War I. It is located at the center of roundabout between Samora Avenue & Maktaba Street, a place that reportedly also marks the exact center of downtown Dar. It was unveiled in 1927.

DSC_9867.jpg

Nevertheless, it remains focus of the permanent central government bureaucracy and is Tanzania's most prominent city in arts, fashion, media, music, film and television.

Golden Hour at the Indian Ocean.Golden Hour at the Indian Ocean.

DSC_0245.jpg

Night LifeNight Life

The city is the leading arrival and departure point for most tourists who visit tourism areas in Tanzania like the national parks for safaris and the islands of Zanzibar. Dar es Salaam is also the largest and most populous Swahili - speaking city in the world. Source

Thanks to @LuisRG for your guidance how to create the map and encourage (though every time i embedded the map is removed before i upload) & My Fellow Dar es salaam & Tanzania Local Guides few I can mention @Kamalf44 @Dussa @Ann-MarieS @gabkarsan, Salim & others for their inputs & Contributions. All Photo are taken by me.

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
25 comments
Level 8

Re: 48 Hours in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania w/ Custom MAP

Thanks for this  piece of fact about Dar es salaam (Map, photos and Description)  @HeyJoe 

Indeed Its  the place of piece for Centuries now and proud to be part of it.

Welcome all to Dar es salaam,Tanzania

Asante(Thanks) 

Connect Moderator

@HeyJoe Hi..

Eid Mubarak..

Thanks for share about your city discription..  I like this and the map is awesome for any travelers..

Happy Guiding!

Level 9

@ShafiulB Thank you for checking. 

Happy guiding too!! 

Level 9

@Iangeorvine Your welcome!! I am glad your part of Dar es salaam Local Guides 🙌🏾 👊🏾

Connect Moderator

Hello @HeyJoe thanks for sharing this information about your city with us.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

@Iangeorvine your welcome!! I am glad your part of Dar es salaam Local Guides 🙌🏾 👊🏾

Level 9

@NareshDarji You are very welcome Sir! Sharing is caring 🙂 

Level 10

Beautiful photos, complete information about DAR ES SALAAM perfect post @HeyJoe from every angle. 

Just want to ask. is there any similarities between BRUNEI DAR ES SALAAM AND DAR ES SALAAM TANZANIA. 

thanks for sharing. 

Level 8

Brunei Dar es salaam is a tiny nation on the island of Borneo, in 2 distinct sections surrounded by Malaysia and the South China Sea. It's known for its beaches and biodiverse rainforest, much of it protected within reserves. The capital, Bandar Seri Begawan, is home to the opulent Jame’Asr Hassanil Bolkiah mosque and its 29 golden domes. So that means there is no similarities between these two places @AkmalBBrunei-052_9.png

download.png

Sultan-Omar-Ali-Saifuddin-Mosque.jpg