LuisRG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

48 Hours in Boston with a custom map

We know that you loved the Nairobi and Montreal My Maps that we posted on this board. So now's the turn for Boston. I'm sure that everybody knows something from that city, from its history, its sports teams (especially now that the Patriots won the Super Bowl) to its tv-famous bars where everybody knows your name (sorry, I had to say it, I was a big fan, you know).

MyMaps_boston-04.png

So, as with the other maps, with this one you'll be able to enjoy 48 hours (or more!) in the city: restaurants, cafes and bakeries, nightlife, accommodation, tourists spots, arts and culture and shopping. You can access the map via this link: https://goo.gl/e9462V although you have it embedded here:

And as usual, if you are traveling to Boston, you can add this map to "Your Places" in your Google Maps app by clicking on the star icon. Then you'll be able to access the map whenever you want. As we always say, if you know Boston because you've traveled there, you live there or you know some other Local Guide who does, please tag them. That way we will be able to add even more awesome places to the map and make it even better. Happy exploring!

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Boston, MA, United States
20 comments
Level 10

Re: 48 Hours in Boston with a custom map

Thanks @LuisRG i love Boston! I've been here in 2013, and i enjoyed walking all around the city! My favourite area is the old city, near the American Alpin Club building and the Massachussets State House. I want to come back in Boston, one of these days!

Level 10

I visited Boston almost 7 years ago (time really flies :D)

I loved walking along the Charles River on both sides and, for night photography, the Fan Pier Park was great (I have to process those photos yet!)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

@LucioV wrote:

And, of course, i love MIT. I joined a couple of classrooms, when i was here. 🙂

Me too! (Love the MIT, I mean LOL)

Did you visit the Ray and Maria Stata Center by Frank Gehry? It was impressive!

Level 10

I was in Boston the same days of the bombing, and when the attack occurred i was trying to reach the finish line for taking some photos. Luckily i was stuck in the traffic in Waltham.

Here is a picture i took that day, you can see a black federal helicopter on the upper right side.

8652838003_27d364c263_o.jpg

Level 10

@LuisR wrote:

@LucioV wrote:

And, of course, i love MIT. I joined a couple of classrooms, when i was here. 🙂

Me too! (Love the MIT, I mean LOL)

Did you visit the Ray and Maria Stata Center by Frank Gehry? It was impressive!

Yes! I loved it.

I tried to feel like a student, in the same places and wondering how my life could have been here.

Level 9

@LuisRG @LucioV I visited Boston in 2015. It was a nice experience walking along Charles river and skyline of Boston from Harvard bridge were mind blowing. I am sharing some photos of my Boston trip.

2015-06-08_04-50-49_477.jpgSkyline of Boston as seen from Harvard bridgeSkyline of Boston as seen from Harvard bridge2015-06-08_04-59-06_148.jpg

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Level 6

nice and it is a very A very good reference, Thanks you.

nice and it is a very A very good reference, Thanks you.

@DrShaunakD wrote:

@LuisRG @LucioV I visited Boston in 2015. It was a nice experience walking along Charles river and skyline of Boston from Harvard bridge were mind blowing. I am sharing some photos of my Boston trip

Nice ones @DrShaunak 🙂